cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chop Chop - CHASE, Got double pulled for CLI, then DENIED!!

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Chop Chop - CHASE, Got double pulled for CLI, then DENIED!!

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
Done w chase because they didn't give you everything you want?

I fully understand its disappointing but be rational. Any other issuer could have done the same thing.

OP isn't done with Chase for not giving him/her everything they want--but for the LAME BS denial excuse (which Chase has become famous for lately)  they're using after doing a double pull on their CRs....the same reason I was done with them after they double pulled then denied me for the Marriott card 2 months ago. I can relate to how he/she feels!

This makes it seem like Chase gains something by pulling multiple credit reports for no reason, which they don't. 

Everyone knows the reasons for not getting a CLI can sometimes be wacky, that's why you call back up and say "Hey...I wanted a CLI, didn't get one...what can you do for me?" 

And that's when they give you the final slap across the face which is the icing on the cake (whether it's reconning a CLI or a denied application) by making you out to be a criminal or a buffoon for some kind of credit "mis-management"---in their opinion. At least this was my latest experience with them when trying to recon my denied Marriott application.

Eh, If I ever wanted a CLI from chase I would just apply for a new card. Better chances that way anyways. 

Message 21 of 28
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I fully understand its disappointing but be rational. Any other issuer could have done the same thing.

OP isn't done with Chase for not giving him/her everything they want--but for the LAME BS denial excuse (which Chase has become famous for lately)  they're using after doing a double pull on their CRs....the same reason I was done with them after they double pulled then denied me for the Marriott card 2 months ago. I can relate to how he/she feels!

This makes it seem like Chase gains something by pulling multiple credit reports for no reason, which they don't. 

Everyone knows the reasons for not getting a CLI can sometimes be wacky, that's why you call back up and say "Hey...I wanted a CLI, didn't get one...what can you do for me?" 

And that's when they give you the final slap across the face which is the icing on the cake (whether it's reconning a CLI or a denied application) by making you out to be a criminal or a buffoon for some kind of credit "mis-management"---in their opinion. At least this was my latest experience with them when trying to recon my denied Marriott application.

Eh, If I ever wanted a CLI from chase I would just apply for a new card. Better chances that way anyways. 

That's what I did several months later (Marriott) after trying unsucessfully to get a CLI on my Freedom. Better chance--but definitely not a sure thing.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 22 of 28
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

That's what I did several months later (Marriott) after trying unsucessfully to get a CLI on my Freedom. Better chance--but definitely not a sure thing.

If you want a "sure thing" in the world of credit, get a creditone, first premier, or continental finance card. The "sure thing" is that your experience will suck. Nothing else in credit is EVER a "sure thing" 

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

I don't get the CLI craze. 

I've pretty much stopped asking for CLIs because I don't really need them, and I'd rather save the HPs, and leave space for new accounts. CLIs dont get you rewards points =] 

well... I don't know about OP, but in my case I started out with two cards, 300 and 3600 cl. and I needed CLIs for few different reasons, at first my credit scores weren't good enough to get approved for "better" cards with higher limit, so only thing I could get were capital one's sub prime category, and lower end of barclay card.

Now that my credit scores are over 700, I could apply for prime cards but not many are willing to approve me for limits higher than limits of my cards, because of the whole "not enough experience with current credit" or whatever wording they use. So my only option for higher credit limit approval is to get CLIs on current cards. of course, I know it's not 100% guaranteed that banks will match my highest credit limit, but so far it seems most of them are doing it that way.

when my highest limit was 3600, I got approved for 3000 sl capital one quicksilver one, and 3000 sl barclay arrival (was 1500, but called for cli with hp)

after barclay approval, capital one decided to grant me 3000 cli on my oldest capital one card with 300 limit. so by then most of my limits were around 3k

Then with some luck, I got approved for 5k from diners club, finally broke 5k hurdle, but of course... with a hidden line, it doens't show up on my report.

when quicksilver aged to 5 months, i decided to press cli button and got 2k cli, making it 5k card that shows up on the credit report.

I wanted cli on my discover card but hp was needed, I finally decided to have them pull for cli, hp pulled but no cli because of a baddie on my file. A month later I read about CLI frenzy on discover card, so I decided to try it out and managed to get 4k cli, and discover became my highest limit of 7600.

and last month, I applied for AARP card, and got approved for 7500 which became my second highest limit.

so for me, looks I have to press for cli on my current card before I could get approved for 10k+ limit cards.

Message 24 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@happypill wrote:

Double pull for a CLI sucks.  Save up your HP and churn some Chase cards to show them what's up.

Is that sarcasm? That's not going to help, and OP could just end up with closed accounts/AA...

Message 25 of 28
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@happypill wrote:

Double pull for a CLI sucks.  Save up your HP and churn some Chase cards to show them what's up.

Is that sarcasm? That's not going to help, and OP could just end up with closed accounts/AA...

Thats what will probably lead to more stricter policies

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 26 of 28
mssher
New Contributor

Thank you credit-hoarder and others who 'get it' !!!  I just now applied for a CLI on my 14,500 USAA Amex  . .. and received a 2,500 CLI. I will be updating below in just a few minutes.   Yes, that was a HP too.  One HP. I also just got a SP CLI from U.S. Bank about 3 weeks ago, which brought me up to the 5,000.00 (Visa Sig) that you see in my signature.  I'm not a credit risk and do not deserve to be treated this way by Chase.  They can kiss my GRITS!!! Smiley Very Happy

USAA AmEx 17,000 | USAA Visa 14,500 | BOA Visa 10,000 | BOA World MC 10,000 | Fifth Third 9,000 | Discover IT 13,500 | Barclay Apple Rewards 6,440 | AMEX BCE 6,000 | Citi DC 6,3000 | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig 5,000 | PenFed Visa Sig 5,000 | Alliant Visa 5,000 | Citi Sears 5,000 | State Farm Visa Sig 5,000 | CapOne QS 5,250 | Firestone 2,200 | Kohls 2,000 |
FICO 8: EX 782 - EQ 794 - TU 796 *** Goal: Decrease Number of Cards to 12 + store cards ***
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mssher wrote:

Thank you credit-hoarder and others who 'get it' !!!  I just now applied for a CLI on my 14,500 USAA Amex  . .. and received a 2,500 CLI. I will be updating below in just a few minutes.   Yes, that was a HP too.  One HP. I also just got a SP CLI from U.S. Bank about 3 weeks ago, which brought me up to the 5,000.00 (Visa Sig) that you see in my signature.  I'm not a credit risk and do not deserve to be treated this way by Chase.  They can kiss my GRITS!!! Smiley Very Happy

We're ALL a credit risk. Unless you're using a secured card backed by funds equal to your CL, you're a risk, whether you believe it or not. Things in life happen, many times unplanned. You might be a "low" risk, but a risk to some degree. 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.