cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chop Chop - CHASE, Got double pulled for CLI, then DENIED!!

tag
mssher
New Contributor

Chop Chop - CHASE, Got double pulled for CLI, then DENIED!!

I've had my Chase card since 4/2014.  $4K limit, no auto cli and never requested an increase . .. until yesterday!  Asked for an increase up to 10K.  Had my TU on locked so the representative told me I had to unlock it.  I removed the lock on TU.  She denied me  . . . stating not enough history with high limits.  REALLY?  Then I just now looked at my Credit Check Total, and see that she also pulled EX yesterday.  Double pulled and no CLI!  I'm DONE with Chase.  I've been debating on which cards to close anyway . . . . now I know of one for certain.  Just gotta spend my 13,465 rewards points, then they are HISTORY!!!

USAA AmEx 17,000 | USAA Visa 14,500 | BOA Visa 10,000 | BOA World MC 10,000 | Fifth Third 9,000 | Discover IT 13,500 | Barclay Apple Rewards 6,440 | AMEX BCE 6,000 | Citi DC 6,3000 | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig 5,000 | PenFed Visa Sig 5,000 | Alliant Visa 5,000 | Citi Sears 5,000 | State Farm Visa Sig 5,000 | CapOne QS 5,250 | Firestone 2,200 | Kohls 2,000 |
FICO 8: EX 782 - EQ 794 - TU 796 *** Goal: Decrease Number of Cards to 12 + store cards ***
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chop Chop - CHASE, Got double pulled for CLI, then DENIED!!

Ouch. Chase is known to double pull occasionally for a new app but haven't seen many times tha truce done it for a CLI. Were you speaking to a regular CSR or an Analyst?
Message 2 of 28
mssher
New Contributor

I'm not certain who she was . . but I am so very disappointed with CHASE!!!!! I sent a secure email to whoever answers those!  No reponse yet.

USAA AmEx 17,000 | USAA Visa 14,500 | BOA Visa 10,000 | BOA World MC 10,000 | Fifth Third 9,000 | Discover IT 13,500 | Barclay Apple Rewards 6,440 | AMEX BCE 6,000 | Citi DC 6,3000 | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig 5,000 | PenFed Visa Sig 5,000 | Alliant Visa 5,000 | Citi Sears 5,000 | State Farm Visa Sig 5,000 | CapOne QS 5,250 | Firestone 2,200 | Kohls 2,000 |
FICO 8: EX 782 - EQ 794 - TU 796 *** Goal: Decrease Number of Cards to 12 + store cards ***
Message 3 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:
Ouch. Chase is known to double pull occasionally for a new app but haven't seen many times tha truce done it for a CLI. Were you speaking to a regular CSR or an Analyst?

I think someone posted a thread not long ago on a double-pull CLI.  Wondering if you could have a 2nd look/review on this?  Or, as B335 mentioned, was this with a UW analyst?

Message 4 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

IMO i always have all mine on lockdown when I apply, when I find out what they want being any lender I unlock or give pin and let them pull that way.. Same goes for when I am auto shopping so they don't go crazy!   Seems fair to me.  I never get an instant approval, but that way I can control a double or possible triple pull (exception is cap1)..  I see nothing wrong with that..That way you control your own destiny and nothing unetchical about it, the lender can still pick the CB they want.. Not many credit products are worth a double or triple pull for me. Just my 2 cents to add how I handle new applications after being burned many times.  Mods correct me if I am wrong and I won't post my opinion on applying for credit.

Message 5 of 28
mssher
New Contributor

And the thing is . . .I've had my 14,500 limit with USAA AmEx for over 2 years.  She said that wasn't long enough to show history??  My util is <10% and there is only a small balance on 2 cards  . . . UNBELIEVABLE.

Message 6 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mssher wrote:

And the thing is . . .I've had my 14,500 limit with USAA AmEx for over 2 years.  She said that wasn't long enough to show history??  My util is <10% and there is only a small balance on 2 cards  . . . UNBELIEVABLE.

Yes, that's kinda odd (of course I'm not sure what the analyst was reviewing TBH).  I would be willing to bet (and not that I recommend this option given your recent Chase experience) that if you applied for any of their co-branded cards, you'd get approved with something in similar range to your USAA or BOA CLs. 

Message 7 of 28
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Call the backdoor number... you might have success there.
Message 8 of 28
blunderer
Established Contributor

So sorry. I feel your pain they denied my request last month for a CLI and this was after I spoke with a Sr. Analayst.  However they did state they wanted to see how I handled the recent CLI they granted me about 9 months ago on a different card. Other than keeping it PIF I have no idea what else they were looking to see???  I'm at 12% util with a balance on 1 credit card.  Thankfully I only unlocked TU for 24hours so no chance of them doing a double pull. 

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry mssher!

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.