Established Contributor

Chopping block for 2013

1. Citi- gave 5k limit. dont need it

2. amex- just for the hell of it.... may pick up bcp for backdating

3. jared- dont need it

4. PD card- will transfer the limit to the select card before af is due

wanted to close walmart but I like them too much

whats yours? and why?

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Re: Chopping block for 2013

I contemplated giving my AmEx BCP the boot in 2013, B/C i hate paying an AF for a CC, even if I tend to re-cap the AF with rewards gained. Although, BCP is my oldest trade-line I was not concerned about a nose dive in my credit score, what goes down will come back up & vice versa. So I called AmEx spoke with a front line CSR about closing acct, transferred to retention dept., and they lowered my APR down from 10.24% to 8.24% and lowered my AF from $75 to $25, so i folded!Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 40
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Wow nice!!!

For me it's:

Amazon: Don't need it.  EDIT: I meant the Chase Amazon. Love the GE Amazon.

NFL card: Don't need it.

Target: $200 CL lol

My cap one was saved by the EO.  Got the bump to 5K and added 1.5% rewards w/ no AF.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 40
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I think I am going to chop a few cards here.... Still thinking about which ones.

Would be nice to get to 5 cards - total. Right now I have like 16....

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 40
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Orchard goes if the CapOne change doesn't benefit me.

Message 5 of 40
swpopham
Established Contributor

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

i would can those 2 to start with, you have better cards that dont look bad to other lenders, the orchard is as bad as first premier. IMO

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 6 of 40
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

@QAMngrGirl wrote:

i would can those 2 to start with, you have better cards that dont look bad to other lenders, the orchard is as bad as first premier. IMO

I have only kept it thus far because it is one of my oldest accounts but I don't think I will get dinged too hard. I already have a relationship woth CapOne so I may not wait for the transition in any hopes it will benefit me lol

Message 7 of 40
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

I contemplated giving my AmEx BCP the boot in 2013, B/C i hate paying an AF for a CC, even if I tend to re-cap the AF with rewards gained. Although, BCP is my oldest trade-line I was not concerned about a nose dive in my credit score, what goes down will come back up & vice versa. So I called AmEx spoke with a front line CSR about closing acct, transferred to retention dept., and they lowered my APR down from 10.24% to 8.24% and lowered my AF from $75 to $25, so i folded!Smiley LOL

Wow, I didn't know they would be flexible with the AF on BCP.   Would try it now except it is useful (and, via backdating, my oldest TL going back to 1987) and don't want them to call my bluff and close....

Message 8 of 40
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Just axed the Orchard, Capital one is next later this year.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 9 of 40
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Im considering my prg or downgrading to gold or green before the af hits. Got the prg just to get my foot in the door and build history with Amex, and it has been good to me so far but the annual fee is quite high.

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.