Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit City Liquidation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Circuit City Liquidation

This one is going hurt.

My longest run good standing credit card from Circuit City from 1999 is going to be cancelled or closed once it is paid off due to Circuit City Liquidating.

Man is that going mess me up or what? It has taken me four + years to go from 470 to 674 and now I am going lose the only credit card I own. (which wasn't that great anyway) but it has had a 9 year life and is gonna throw me out of whack when it does.  

OUCH

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Circuit City Liquidation

@Anonymous wrote:

This one is going hurt.

My longest run good standing credit card from Circuit City from 1999 is going to be cancelled or closed once it is paid off due to Circuit City Liquidating.

Man is that going mess me up or what? It has taken me four + years to go from 470 to 674 and now I am going lose the only credit card I own. (which wasn't that great anyway) but it has had a 9 year life and is gonna throw me out of whack when it does.  

OUCH

I would definitely call chase's backdoor number and see if you can do a product change.

You never know until you try

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are converting them to the freedom card, i assume you get to keep history.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If closed in good standing, it will still count on average age for 10 years.
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

call and ask to be upgraded to visa circuit city card, then that will get converted to freedom automatically after stores close.
Message 5 of 6
m_jonis
Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
call and ask to be upgraded to visa circuit city card, then that will get converted to freedom automatically after stores close.

No it won't.  Chase will close the account and won't automatically convert it.

Finally made it to 813
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.