Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Circuit City Upgrade!

My dad and I have a Circuit City card (store card) called yesterday about an upgrade to visa and was told no.  Called back door number today and he said he couldn't do it but transfer me to customer service, they put me on hold and came back and said yes, visa is on it's way!
If at first you don't succeed, try again!

I'm hoping to now product change it to southwest when I get it.
Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 665 GE, EX 677 Prosper (07-09-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Senior Contributor
UpUpUp

Re: Circuit City Upgrade!

Good job!  Congrats.
newbeeneedadvise

Did he have A balance on the card.  I have been trying to get updated for years.  Always no
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Comp5569's post about getting a Circuit City CC has been split off to form its own thread. New thread title: Anyone have Circuit City cards?

Established Contributor
cartercorp

Creditaddict wrote:
My dad and I have a Circuit City card (store card) called yesterday about an upgrade to visa and was told no.  Called back door number today and he said he couldn't do it but transfer me to customer service, they put me on hold and came back and said yes, visa is on it's way!
If at first you don't succeed, try again!
I'm hoping to now product change it to southwest when I get it.

Way to go. I didnt have my circuit city visa but for a few months and then i product changed to chase freedom plus.
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

the circuit city card was from 2006 and had been sitting with no balance for last 2 years. called the first time and was told no, called the 2nd time and was told yes and go the upgrade.  I'm hoping after a statement or 2 it will let us product change.
newbeeneedadvise

I recently called the backdoor number, that does the combining, to Chase and asked if they could upgrade the  Circuit City store card to the Visa.  The lady was very nice and explained that I needed to speak to the product change dept., she did not blow me off, but put me on hold and few minutes later she came back and said that someone else will be helping me.  The other lady came on the phone and started reading a lot of thing that I was not paying attention to ,so I stop her and ask if I could change the store card to the visa.  She explained that they just upgraded me and she was going over the new terms.  I ended up with a lower APR.  My current balance was 499 and as soon as I pay off my the new card I will combine it with the freedom. .   

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

I just wish you could product change away from Circuit City Visa!!! we only have 1 store left after they closed the others and I want Southwest Card.
newbeeneedadvise

Have you tried calling Chase's backdoor number  877-781-3109. This is the number I called.  I learned about backdoor numbers from this board.  This forum has help me out alot.  
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

yes the backdoor number is how i got the upgrade to visa, but i have been told multiple times now that circuit city is one of the cards that can not be product changed out.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+