Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit City Upgrade!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Circuit City Upgrade!

@Creditaddict wrote:
yes the backdoor number is how i got the upgrade to visa, but i have been told multiple times now that circuit city is one of the cards that can not be product changed out.
Was that the store card they were talking about, though? My husband did a product change from his Circuit City Visa to a Chase Freedom Plus a month or so back - it was all very easy, he just called and said that's what he wanted to do... bye-bye Circuit City, hello Freedom Plus. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well if I have learned anything from product changes with Chase, they are not always in there system to allow them, and when they are, not all the cards are available. it took me 3 product changes to get a speedway card, it was never in there list to let me switch to it until I had the starbucks card.

currently the circuit city visa we have has NO product changes available, but it's only been 2 months since change from store to visa, thinking that has something to do with it. 

Message 12 of 16
USC08
Frequent Contributor

what was your scores and util for the starbucks card?
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 13 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@USC08 wrote:
what was your scores and util for the starbucks card?
I don't know, it started out as a speedway card like 5 years ago, and over the years keep product changing it and then took the limit and moved it to some other card we had jointly and left this one at $500. now it has sat at $500 ever since and they won't raise it, guess I shouldn't have taken all the limit, it's almost like they don't see it use to have $5900 and they think we just barely scraped by to get approved or something and won't give any auto increases or anything.  It works perfect now for my gas, because that's less than $200 a month, but I wouldn't use it for anything else. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone recently had their Circuit City store branded card(not visa) upgraded to a Chase Visa card?

Edit: Just called the backdoor number and asked for a product upgrade and was once again told I am not eligable. I told the CSR I will just continue to call until I get what I want. 

Message Edited by sofocused978 on 03-31-2009 10:35 AM
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i converted cc store card to a cc visa in january.  product change in february to a different visa.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.