Did you mean: 

Circuit City and Best Buy CC's - Which is easier to get

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Circuit City and Best Buy CC's - Which is easier to get

MsKiwi wrote:

Uniqua wrote:
If BB is the easiest, how come 93% of applicants are getting declined?!

Just out of curiousity where did you find this info? I was thinking of apping for a BB around December but if that is the case I'm not going to waste an inquiry. I would think CC would be much harder to get.

I am interested in knowing that as well. What I have noticed after sifting through posts is that posters have been able to get the BB card, however the disparity comes with the CLIs from the store card vs. the MC portion.  I haven't seen anything about Circuit City.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What sampling model was used to determine the 93% failure rate?
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go Sears then - no interest/ payments on LCD's >400 18 months right now-  they have a few 46" 1080P Sammy on sales right now under $1500 and everyone gets approved for sears unless you have burned CITI.

I picked up a 32" for the bedroom and they gave me 10% off and the 18month deal- I wasn't gonna thell them they were only suposed to give me one of them.

I bought my big TV at costco- it has been great-  
Online- Costco.com takes Visa, Amex and Discover-  

Payment Method (optional)

AmericanExpress Costco Credit Card Discover Visa

PurpleHaze wrote:
42" - 50"  HDTV preferably Samsung.  I did see some at Costco but am looking for a CC to temporarily charge to until my bonus comes in Oct.  I know I will get shot down for the Costco AMEX.

Timothy wrote:
I prefer CC over BB-
Both are fairly easy to get- (besides I hate HSBC)

What kind of TV are you looking for? 

Costco and internet retailers have much better pricing on  TV's -

Costco has a 42" 1080P LCD for $800 right now.

Message 13 of 16
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I received a BB card with a score of 626 for 900 with lots of baddies. Bought the TV with great financing and they took 250 dollars off because I found it cheaper somewhere else.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Buy will match some one elses prices? I never heard that. EVERYBODY beats Best Buys prices. LOL.
Beach Camera is the new hot spot for electronics purchases. I am purchasing a new Panasonic 50 inch plasma for $6 cheaper than Best Buys sale price for a 46 inch in the sale product line AND I won't pay taxes AND it gets delivered to my door.
Oh, BB gives everybody credit it seems.

tempusfugit123 wrote:
I received a BB card with a score of 626 for 900 with lots of baddies. Bought the TV with great financing and they took 250 dollars off because I found it cheaper somewhere else.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Best Buy will match some one elses prices? I never heard that. EVERYBODY beats Best Buys prices. LOL.
Beach Camera is the new hot spot for electronics purchases. I am purchasing a new Panasonic 50 inch plasma for $6 cheaper than Best Buys sale price for a 46 inch in the sale product line AND I won't pay taxes AND it gets delivered to my door.
Oh, BB gives everybody credit it seems.

@tempusfugit123 wrote:

They will match, but I think it has to be within either 2 weeks or 30 days. I'm not sure about the time frame.

I hate CC, so anytime something comes in their cheaper, I grab the add and go to BB and get it for that price.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.