Contributor

Circuit City conversion...

To anyone who has a circuit city cc. I just received a letter from chase saying that my CC visa card will be changed to a chase regular rewards card this coming may and that I can still continue using it anywhere since it has a visa logo.  It came with a picture of the card, the dark blue colored card like the their chase perfectcard. my question is that I already have their perfect card. I don't know how their gonna do that or maybe just have me use 2 cards.

Has anyone been offered different cards? I would like to have their freedom.

Current Fico Score
EX: 660 EQ: 680 TR: 690
Epic Contributor

Re: Circuit City conversion...

you can simply call and ask to do a product change. I switched to Freedom Plus from Circuit City Visa the day they announced the closure of the stores!
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Member

Received the same mail today. Chase closed one Flexible Rewards card last month due to inactivity and now I am getting another one:smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor

I was just upgraded to the Circuit City visa card from the store card last week. Recieved my card a few days ago. Today I get a letter saying that in May they are going to switch my card to the Chase Platinum Visa. Rates and terms will stay the same. This is my first dive into "prime" cards. This looks like their run-of-the-mill visa to me. NO rewards or anything like that. I'm not complaining though. I am happy to have it. Does anyone know if this is a card that will grow with me or should I consider product change in near future?

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Established Contributor

diz--

how did you get them to upgrade you? i called when cc announced closing then i called in feb and then i called last thursday and spoke to 4 different reps..they wouldnt even look at my account, just gave me a spill about i'll get a letter in the mail which will let me know my options blah blah blah the same thing i've been told every time i call..

has anyone recieved this letter who is NOT a cc VISA card holder but only a store card holder?

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??

does anyone know whats going to happen to the circuit city store card ? I talked to rep on the phone about and they dont seem to have a clue..
Frequent Contributor

Bama,

I don't know if this helps or not but I used the number on the Circuit City web site. The # I called was 1-800-603-8997. This was from their facts page for card holders. It is a PDF file that will open and answers some common questions about what is going on with store closings and what not. The CSR did say that some store cards will be flagged for the upgrade and some will be closed out. I don't know how true this is. I also got a lot of confusing information, I had to call a few times to get the answer I wanted. I didn't believe them until the card arived with the visa logo on it. Hope this helps.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Frequent Contributor

Just received the same letter today. Changed my cc visa to a flex rewards.

E!
FICO's EQ 519 EX543 TU ? 8/2014
EQ 525 EX no score,,, TU ?11/2014
EQ 576 1/2015 EX 595 1/2015
I think I can!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.