Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circuit City converting to BestBuy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Circuit City converting to BestBuy?

Was curious if anyone else has experienced this. I have a BestnotBuy RZ MC. It is a card thru HSBC. I recently was contacted by Chase telling me that my Circus City Rewards card wil convert over to a BestnotBuy card. Can two financial institutions issue cards for one retailer? Puns are intended. Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Circuit City converting to BestBuy?

I have a Circuit City Store card when CC closed! I believe chase bought them out!!!! bc mine will convert to Best Buy!!! which ive never shopped there really! But yes a Bank can out buy another one! You will only have one card!!! which will say Best Buy! bc there is no CCity!!! This is true!!!! I recieved a letter telling me my card should arrive sometime in May!!!!Smiley Wink 
Message Edited by mrsanderson on 05-05-2009 10:22 AM
Message 2 of 8
22_broke_and_in_debt
New Contributor

Is it strictly the store card? Or is it the Circuit City Visa? I have the Visa, and I received a letter from Chase a few weeks ago stating that my card was going to be converted to a regular Chase Rewards Visa. I haven't received any follow ups. Regardless both cards stink and I deeply regret getting either one. Chase's customer service is a situation where one hand doesn't know what the other is doing, and HSBC is just...well, I'll leave that one alone.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I share the same experience as "22".

When I opened the account at Circuit City on 11-07 I thought it was only a store card.

When CC closed Chase sent me mail indicating my card would be automatically changed to a rewards card in May.

I have voiced my disdain for Chase on this board before.

I have a 0% promotion and a very small balance with them. When the promo ends, I will sock drawer this card and use it every couple of months to buy something small and pay it off in full.

I have credit cards with other companies who have superlative customer service, I don't carry balances on my cards, but if I ever do, you can be assured it won't be with Chase due to the way they have treated me and my perception of their customer service. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was referring to two open accounts at the same time. My Rewards Zone Best Buy MC (HSBC) and the Circuit City store card (Chase) are both open accounts even though Circuit City has gone out of business. Once this card converts to Best Buy I'm assuming it's gonna be a store card as I haven't and am not gonna request a change.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not a huge fan of Chase either. However due to the current economic downturn I have been ever so lucky enough for them to take over my WaMu/Providian MyPoints card and my Circuit City account. Dont I feel giddy inside over that? Smiley Mad
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol..... well mine is a store card my score was 682@ the time ?????????? if i want another card switched its a hard inq!!!! not worth it!!!!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bestbuy card is MC through HSBC. I've had this one 3 years with no CLI. It's still stuck at my initial credit line of 300. I called yesterday to see about a CLI and they wanted to do a hard pull so I told them no just leave it I wasn't interested in an inquiry. Then I got the form letter response "We regularly review your account for CLI blah, blah, blah..." So now i've lumped HSBC and Chase into the do not disturb pile. Not even worth sockdrawering with $300 limits. Think it's shreddertime for these 2.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.