Lkb273

Citgo Card Closed Due to Inactivity

My Citgo credit card was closed due to inactivity.  I found out by receiving an alert on a change to my credit report.  No notice or warning from Citi (I think they handle Citgo accounts).  Is that right?!  They had just sent me a new card at my request about a month ago, and then closed it a month later due to inactivity (no purchases since 2011).  I barely had a chance to use the new card to make my account active again!  I'm annoyed - is this going to ding my credit?  Its showing up on my credit report as a $0 balance but "closed by lender/paid as agreed."  They said I need to reapply for a new card to "re-open" the account.

Dang it!  Anyone else have something similar happen to them?

TU Score Dec 2012: 649 | TU Score Mar 2013: 671
Established Member
Bearclaw

Re: Citgo Card Closed Due to Inactivity

If a lender doesn't see account on a certain account then yes, they will close the account. No notice is due. Most members here spend at least once every 6 months on "unused" cards just to keep an active profile but as always, YMMV.
Lkb273

Thank you for the advice!!

TU Score Dec 2012: 649 | TU Score Mar 2013: 671
Mega Contributor
LS2982

Lkb273 wrote:

My Citgo credit card was closed due to inactivity.  I found out by receiving an alert on a change to my credit report.  No notice or warning from Citi (I think they handle Citgo accounts).  Is that right?!  They had just sent me a new card at my request about a month ago, and then closed it a month later due to inactivity (no purchases since 2011).  I barely had a chance to use the new card to make my account active again!  I'm annoyed - is this going to ding my credit?  Its showing up on my credit report as a $0 balance but "closed by lender/paid as agreed."  They said I need to reapply for a new card to "re-open" the account.

Dang it!  Anyone else have something similar happen to them?

Over a year inactivity is pretty long, Citi isn't in the wrong for closing the account you have to use it.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}