cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi 0% Balance Transfer Offer (Transfer and New Purchases)

tag
ajbuchanjr

Citi 0% Balance Transfer Offer (Transfer and New Purchases)

I just received a notice in the mail for a new Citi Balance Transfer offer stating if you balance transfer before August 15th, 2011 you get a 0% APR on the balance transfer AND all new purchases after the transfer posts until August 1, 2012.  So if I am reading it correctly you can transfer say $100, pay your $5 transfer fee and have a 0% APR on all purchases until August 2012.  

Besides the fact you should always PIF and the fact NFCU transfer (0%, no fee) might be better for large amounts am I missing anything?

Terms:

0.00% Promotional APR on Balance Transfers and New Purchases. After this promotional offer ends, your standard variable APR for purchases will be applied to any unpaid promotional balances.

Duration: Until 08/01/2012.

Fee:  Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi 0% Balance Transfer Offer (Transfer and New Purchases)

Looks OK to me. 

WaMu offered a similar deal at one time (0% APR for 18 months on purchases, with an initiating transfer at regular APR).  I took the offer, did a $100 transfer, did no shopping with that card until I paid for that transfer (as soon as the statement cut), and got the 0% for the next year and a half.

The deal cost me something like a dollar and change.

Not exactly the same thing here, but again, it looks good to me.  I don't see any gotchas in here.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.