Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi 4th APR reduction

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Citi 4th APR reduction

Payment due today, 5th statement cuts in a few days... got on the chat just now and got a nice representative. Requested if he could lower my APR further and boom he approved it for 13.24% no question asked. Just this time last month, they reduced it to 15.99% and now this... originally started out at 21.99%. Guess this is it with Citi and the lowest APR available for the AA Platinum card. Hoping for that auto CLI soon ish lol and btw this takes the lead as the lowest APR across all my credit cards. Thanks Citi, mission accomplished!!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi 4th APR reduction

Wtg... Congrats....Smiley Very Happy

Good thing you didn't have the Simplicity I have tried for 18mths for an Apr. reduc. only to be told that you can't get one on Simp. cards and now I find out we can't do a PC to anything else, Smiley Frustratedhummm wondering

Message 2 of 4
itguy_65
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the APR reduction!!  Yes, it does happen!  I had a Diamond Preferred for about 1 year, almost paid it off, about $300 left on the balance, asked the rep for an APR reduction, they offered about 0.5% lower, nicely asked for a supervisor, once I spoke with the supervisor, they offered 10.74%.  I recently PCd that account to Double Cash, so now I have 10.74% on Double Cash.

EQ (3/24/17): 820 TU (3/24/17): 799 EX (3/24/17): 806
Message 3 of 4
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.