Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi 5x Thankyou Points Offered on Preferred and Prestige Card

tag
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Re: Citi 5x Thankyou Points Offered on Preferred and Prestige Card

@BigBS wrote:

Like others I received the offer in e-mail tonight.  "HERE'S HOW IT WORKS: Once your enrollment is complete, you will earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on things you buy every day at grocery stores, gas stations and drugstores - even commuter transportation expenses through 06/30/14. Earn up to 4,000 additional points.*"  So, I spend $800 to get a $20 statement credit?  I guess I'll enroll, but it won't be the focus of my spending.

Ditto for DH on his AT&T Universal card, but he has 2,500 point limit.

Message 21 of 24
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

It might be nice to have a sticky or wiki that contains a record of targeted spend offers for existing cardholders. It seems like this is happening quite frequently among several lenders - Chase, Citi, Barclay's, etc.

+1 Mods please think about this.

+ 1  nice idea Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 24
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Yep, I got the offer on my Premier card and was excited to see the 5% gas only to be disappointed to see it limited to $25.  Oh well, better than nothing but I'll use my BCP for groceries at 6% but use citi until I max it out. 

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 23 of 24
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Just to clarify, mine for for 5% on gas and grocercies with 4 bonus points maxed at 2500 "additional" points....so, for me that's 2500 additional points divided by 4 bonus points...this a $625 ($48 a week on gas) spend for $25.  Although the spend max and earning limits are weak, it's still 5%, just can't do much with it at 1:1.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.