Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Advantage NPSL Question...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Citi AA Advantage NPSL Question...

So I am about to get the AA Advantage card that I PC'd to and I have a question about the NPSL. feature...

Here is some history on the card I had before I did the PC.....

The account I had was a silver mastercard...the CL was 200.00 for 4.5 years and during that time I charged 19k (charged, paid off, charged paid off ...month after month) finanlly I get a CLI to 5k,  about a month ago.  I have a zero balance.  Never been late.

Here are my questions....

My CL will be 5k,  and based on my history, do you think I could charge 8500 (in a single purchase) and it will be approved?

Has anyone had one of these NPSL cards with a 5k limit and they did charge 3500 above the CL and it went through fine?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi AA Advantage NPSL Question...

@Andy77 wrote:

So I am about to get the AA Advantage card that I PC'd to and I have a question about the NPSL. feature...

Here is some history on the card I had before I did the PC.....

The account I had was a silver mastercard...the CL was 200.00 for 4.5 years and during that time I charged 19k (charged, paid off, charged paid off ...month after month) finanlly I get a CLI to 5k,  about a month ago.  I have a zero balance.  Never been late.

Here are my questions....

My CL will be 5k,  and based on my history, do you think I could charge 8500 (in a single purchase) and it will be approved?

Has anyone had one of these NPSL cards with a 5k limit and they did charge 3500 above the CL and it went through fine?

I would guess probably not but usually I think they have an internal moving % that they will allow you to go over like 0-20%.

you might be able to call in and check.

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Add to:

it's been a long time since I have used a Signature card and gone over but many years ago when I did it was like within month 2 or 3 that I charged about $2k over and when the bill came, I paid just over the minimum plus the $2kish that I had gone over... the following month I was then not allowed to charge a $1 over the CL... I think when my payment of not much more than minimum came in and reset me in the computer to hard limit... I think had I paid the entire balance, I probably would have seen my ability to charge over the line actually increase... like an amex charge!

Message 3 of 4
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I was under the impression that the NPSL feature is just like the Amex charge card...No??

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.