Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Advantage Visa Denied?!

tag
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Citi AA Advantage Visa Denied?!

They denied me last week for the AA Advantage Visa, just got the MC a few days before. The denial letter said "Multiple applications for credit", they did not pull a CR. How long should I wait before trying again? I really want this card. Recon says they only allow one app per 60 days which I can't believe.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi AA Advantage Visa Denied?!

This is well known for Citi. They do not allow multiple apps within afaik 30-60 days. Try again later.
Message 2 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

They denied me last week for the AA Advantage Visa, just got the MC a few days before. The denial letter said "Multiple applications for credit", they did not pull a CR. How long should I wait before trying again? I really want this card. Recon says they only allow one app per 60 days which I can't believe.

2 apps in a 60 day period max.

1 app per 24 hours however.

You have to wait 60 days before you put in your next application.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 6
MrCredit
Established Contributor

I read on Milevalue's website that the business card is not part of this policy and is considered separate. Are business cards instant approved like personal? I am considering applying for the business card as a sole proprietor.

Message 4 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

I read on Milevalue's website that the business card is not part of this policy and is considered separate. Are business cards instant approved like personal? I am considering applying for the business card as a sole proprietor.

business cards are considered separate.

yes they can be instant approvals.

however, do you have a legitimate business, and more importantly, can you prove you have one if they ever ask for docs? if you don't have any problems with regards to that, definitely go for it. you should be fine.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 6
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Be happy it didn't cost you a HP. Wait 61 days to the hour - or more if you can stand it. I waited like 94 days after similar rejection from a few months ago (Hilton card instant approval but AA denied same as you stated). When I reapplied after the 94 days I got instant approval and a nicer limit. 

Also I would bet that the business app DOES fall in this same guideline, save your HP and wait. They are not really clear on small business card criteria at least from what I have seen. They are a bit gun shy considering the entire world took advantage of the two browser trick and now they have fixed it in their favor. 

Use your first card heavy and the second one should be no issues. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.