Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Advantage

tag
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Citi AA Advantage

Been trying to google not turning up any luck.. recently got this card. It states 2 miles when booking through american... well when you book through oribtz.com it appears that American charges the card directly at least in the past thats what it has done...

Does anyone know if booking through orbitz will earn the 2 miles per 1$? I assume yes because of the way it seems to be billed but wondering if anyone has any experience?

Thanks

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AA Advantage

bump

Message 2 of 7
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

NO-- they mean booking on aa.com or usairways.com ONLY (or via a telephone reservation agent at the airline, or at the airport counter) -- the merchant has to be the airline. Even though you are buying an AA or US ticket on Orbitz, you're buying it through a sales channel and the airline is paying them a fee - they are trying to encourage you to buy directly. 

If Orbitz is coming up with a lower fare than AA.com, you should definitely call AA reservations and have the orbitz page handy - they have a 100% price-match guarantee. Airfares change quickly, so you may want to do this now. Good luck!

Message 3 of 7
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

I would have thought the same thing the strange thing is that when I buy on orbitz American shows up as the billing merchant. I twittered citi they state the following @AskCiti: @Brian540 If it bills through American, yes. If it bills through orbitz then it would not. Hope this helps! ^SG

Hmm
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 4 of 7
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

I did want to provide an update - my orbitz transaction posted as American Chicago and only got 1 mile per $ 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use Kayak and the flight is American, it will generally redirect you to the AA.com site.  I usually use Kayak to book all my travel and then get redirected to either American, Delta, United, ect.  However, I have noticed that these companies offer a discounted ticket, but for only one traveler.  Just another ploy to extract more money from the working man. 

Message 6 of 7
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Another update .... citi Twitter was misinformed when they reviewed my account they said it was only 1 mile. Statement just cut and I got 2 miles per $ on orbitz Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.