Re: Citi AA Amex Recon...

I stated in the letter I wanted a CL of no more then 1500 

maybe that will work to my advantage as I don't think most people do that

Message 11 of 20
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
From what i hear citi absolutely stinks at recons. They leave wayyy to much decision making to the computers, while leaving the reps virtually powerless to overturn the decision. Maybe you will have better luck but ill bet they are definitely gonna do an additional HP. Good luck though, hopefully they will reconsider your app and approve it.

Yeah the systematic decisions are enforced 99% of the time, that way everyone gets an equal and consistent credit application process. Recons from Chase vary so much depending on the rep, it is highly inconsistent. Citi is very streamlined and upholds the system decision firmly.

Message 12 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

So what you are saying is if they go off the 20 pages I sent in showing no BK I would still be declined??

AND

If they did a HP and did not see BK...I would be declined, too??

You are saying that they usually don't over-ride the computer?

Message 13 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

So applied for Citi AA Amex got declined due to bk on report.  

I printed out updated report (20 pages) through creditexpert.com and I sent that with a letter stating I wanted a 1500.00 limit, no more.  

The credit report I printed did not show my bk, don't ask me why, and in the bullited points on the last page of the report it stated what is raising your score "no bankruptcy etc" so I flagged that page so they would see it and I said "see here" on a post it

Do you think they will go with what I sent them and approve it or do another hard inquiry?

Part of me thinks they will do another hard inquiry

What do you think?

I'm not understanding....

Is the BK gone now?? Why cant they do the HP after they get your updated printout??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I don't want them to do another hard pull, they just did one on 9/18/12

and I am sending in my entire report, so they should use that

I JUST got off the phone with an account manager and she assured me if they pulled your credit report in (30) days they will not hard pull you again, they will go off of what you send in

We will see how truthful that is

Message 15 of 20
gettnthere
Established Contributor

not to trying to put a damper on your hope, but i would take what that rep said with a grain of salt. they are usually very mis-informed

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 20
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

So what you are saying is if they go off the 20 pages I sent in showing no BK I would still be declined??

AND

If they did a HP and did not see BK...I would be declined, too??

You are saying that they usually don't over-ride the computer?

99.99% another HP, it is at their sole discretion and they probably will. Especially since it is a big change between the two reports. Oh you could be approved based on the significant changes. So you have a good shot, good luck.

Message 17 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Citi is so rude... Esp. the one time I called for a recon. I had a Fico of 670 and was explainin that to the rep, and she said" we dont just go off of credit scores". The ONLY reason I even got denied was bc of a pAID $280 TXU CO that was a fraud account from like 2008.

How lame
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 20
Andy77
Valued Contributor

So, my app is still pending....well when I check online it says that it needs further processing and I should hear something in a week, when I call the automated # it says it is declined.  I mailed in the updated report and emailed it too, but I don;t think those have been received yet.

On the denial letter I got initially it says because of my bk, (it only lists one reason for the denial) if I pass the hurdle of not having the bk on my report, do you think they will deny me for having 37 inq or miracles happen, especially if you already have a perfect 3 year history with them

thoughts on being declined based on # inq now if I pass the bk part??

Message 19 of 20
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

AMEX will not approve if you have a BK on your report. This is true for direct or co-brabded Amex cards. Don't even waste your time till the 10 years is up and the BK falls out

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.