cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Card Rec Today ( Yep I'm Stupid)

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Citi AA Card Rec Today ( Yep I'm Stupid)

Ok so when I went on my app spree a few weeks ago Citi was one of them but I was so busy trying to get limits instead of reading everything like a 95.00 AF!! Maybe the 3500 is worth it I don't know but if I had read I would have passed. Lesson to newbees, have a plan like Lex and Journey and them preach on here and the limits and things will come. Sad thing is, I don't fly!! LoL
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi AA Card Rec Today ( Yep I'm Stupid)

Well, what's done is done. enharu - or others -might can give you more info on PC'ing it to something else in 12 mos. or ways you can use it to help with that AF.
I don't have any Citi cards.
Message 2 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

You can try to PC it but chances are they won't let u until its past 13 months or after the promotional period, whichever is longer.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Smdh.......Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

The AF is waived in the first year though, isn't it? Only the Hilton, prestige doesn't have AF waived if I'm not wrong
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 30
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I was SMDH too!! lol
Message 6 of 30
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

So what is PC short for?
Message 7 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

Product change
Message 8 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@HYPASS33 wrote:
Ok so when I went on my app spree a few weeks ago Citi was one of them but I was so busy trying to get limits instead of reading everything like a 95.00 AF!! Maybe the 3500 is worth it I don't know but if I had read I would have passed. Lesson to newbees, have a plan like Lex and Journey and them preach on here and the limits and things will come. Sad thing is, I don't fly!! LoL

We are learning and sometimes we all make mistakes.

That being said do your best to use it to offset the AF

You may find that you use it so much over the next year you will be flying away on a great vacationSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 30
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

We all miss a key detail from time-to-time.  Lesson learned - you'll be more diligent in the future.

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.