cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Card Rec Today ( Yep I'm Stupid)

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AA Card Rec Today ( Yep I'm Stupid)

At least you didn't get toy limit.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 21 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@HYPASS33 wrote:
That's like 3000 in 3 months right to get 40,000 points?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 23 of 30
HiLine
Blogger

@HYPASS33 wrote:
That's like 3000 in 3 months right to get 40,000 points?

It depends on which offer you applied under ...  The Citi AA Visa/Amex typically has a lot of sign-up offers floating around Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Shaking my head!

+1

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 25 of 30
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I'm banging my head.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 26 of 30
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

LoL Journey and Lex!! I'm not spending 3000 to get 40,000 if that s even what it is. Heck I didn't even know the AF much less sign up offer. Oh well least it helps my UT I guess. Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 30
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

For me citi has been responsive to CLIs too, FYI. So that card could grow with you.

Also their recon line is useless, but you can get the retention line and they get stuff done. I had an AA card and they said it wasn't a card I couldn't PC so I was Transfred to the retention folks and they gave me options. I chose the TY card

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 30
HiLine
Blogger

@HYPASS33 wrote:
LoL Journey and Lex!! I'm not spending 3000 to get 40,000 if that s even what it is. Heck I didn't even know the AF much less sign up offer. Oh well least it helps my UT I guess. Smiley Happy

If that level of spending is beyond your budget then don't try too hard. Otherwise, honestly, 40k AA miles is going to be extremely valuable once AMR Corporation merges with US Airways Group forming the world's largest airline company. Hold onto them and thank me later. Smiley Happy

Otherwise, since it's a Citi card, you probably will benefit from their Price Rewind function for large-value items like laptop computers or other electronics. Not a bad card at all.

Message 29 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@HYPASS33 wrote:

If that level of spending is beyond your budget then don't try too hard. Otherwise, honestly, 40k AA miles is going to be extremely valuable once AMR Corporation merges with US Airways Group forming the world's largest airline company. Hold onto them and thank me later. Smiley Happy

Otherwise, since it's a Citi card, you probably will benefit from their Price Rewind function for large-value items like laptop computers or other electronics. Not a bad card at all.

And these days there are many ways to meet the spend without "really" spending very much extra.  Some simple ways like paying a mortgage/car loan/student loan with Chargesmart, which costs ~ 2.5% in fees but the bulk is money you would need to spend anyway.  And then there are "more creative" things like Amazon Payments, Vanilla Reloads etc.  See flyertalk.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.