Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Recon.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AA Recon.....

Hi all,

App'd and was declined for a Citi AAdvantage card. Reason, too many INQ's. (I knew this might happen).

Any chance on recon - or - let it go for 6 months?

Ray

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: Citi AA Recon.....

You already took the hit for the inquiry, might as well try.

The worse they can say is no.

Good luck.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 13
mahendra82
Contributor

I applied for the Citi AAdvantage select card with a total of 15 INQ, and I have several new accounts opened this year. I would call them. They don't seem to be INQ or new account sensitive. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was recently approved for a citi card, so my husband applied a month later... he was declined... due to too many inquires.. he had 2!! So he called... they had us send in a updated credit report, so I also wrote a letter explaining the 2 inquires were from us refinancing a auto loan... they stuck with their original decision and still declined him.

Message 4 of 13
mahendra82
Contributor

Ask to talk to a supervisor.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were hard to deal with - period. I could hardly understand the person that I spoke to so I just gave up.. Good luck! Ray
Message 6 of 13
mahendra82
Contributor

The reps are trained to ward off any calls to the actual credit analyst. Insist on speaking with an analyst!

I had several inquiries, although my application was never denied to begin with. I also applied for a Citi forward less than two months ago and was approved. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there are recon #???

I applied today and got the further processing, after calling a few number, namely the 888-201-4523 (automated) which stated I was not approved.  But then I called the 866-606-2961 and spoke to a rep who said it was still processing. 

Called the back door number which is listed on the post and that number is only for applications.  The rep gave me 800-950-5114, which is automated like the first number. 

Any clue what number to call to get a straight answer whether I am approved or not? 

Thanks

Message 8 of 13
texasman07
Established Contributor

I applied today for the Dividend Plat Card. Called the Application Status Number and they want to transfer me to a rep.  Spoke with the rep and all she told me was it is still in review.  The automated system didn't say declined or approved. Just wanted to transfer me. We will see what happens.

Message 9 of 13
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Which report did they pulled?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.