Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA card account and regular AA account

tag
NP27
Established Contributor

Citi AA card account and regular AA account

Hello.  I am confused.  When I log into my Citi AA card account I have miles from my purchases and then when I log into my regular AA account I have my miles from my flights.  Am I supposed to merge these somehow or do they remain seperate? 

For some reason I was thinking that when I made a purchase or earned miles from my Citi AA account that the miles would show in my regular AA account that I had before I got the card.  

I am waiting for my 50K bonus miles to post too and was not sure where they would post.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AA card account and regular AA account

@NP27 wrote:

Hello.  I am confused.  When I log into my Citi AA card account I have miles from my purchases and then when I log into my regular AA account I have my miles from my flights.  Am I supposed to merge these somehow or do they remain seperate? 

For some reason I was thinking that when I made a purchase or earned miles from my Citi AA account that the miles would show in my regular AA account that I had before I got the card.  

I am waiting for my 50K bonus miles to post too and was not sure where they would post.

Thanks!

As long as Citi has your AA number they will transfer the points to your AA account.  It can take awhile though for them to show up in your AA account.  

Message 2 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NP27 wrote:

Thanks!

As long as Citi has your AA number they will transfer the points to your AA account.  It can take awhile though for them to show up in your AA account.  

+1 It does take quite awhile for those miles to get into the AA account or at least it did for my AA card. Not sure if they have managed to speed up the process at all. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 8
icyhot
Valued Contributor

For me they are transferred to my AA account after the Citi statement cuts.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 4 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

NP27

Do you have two AAdvantage numbers? How old is your citi AA credit card? 

All the miles should be pooled into one account. Easiest way to tell if they are linked correctly is to log into your AAdvantage account, and look for a little image that says "XXXXX Cardmember" (Yours wont say aviator as you have a citi card, but it should say something similar)

Screenshot 2015-07-13 at 11.44.48 PM.png

This would also appear on ALL boarding passes you recieve for all AA/US Flights 

Screenshot 2015-07-13 at 11.45.43 PM.png

Message 5 of 8
NP27
Established Contributor

I dont see anything like that on my AA member home screen.  I recently acquired my AA credit card, but have had an AA member account for 3 years now.
@jsucool76 wrote:

NP27

Do you have two AAdvantage numbers? How old is your citi AA credit card? 

All the miles should be pooled into one account. Easiest way to tell if they are linked correctly is to log into your AAdvantage account, and look for a little image that says "XXXXX Cardmember" (Yours wont say aviator as you have a citi card, but it should say something similar)

Screenshot 2015-07-13 at 11.44.48 PM.png

This would also appear on ALL boarding passes you recieve for all AA/US Flights 

Screenshot 2015-07-13 at 11.45.43 PM.png

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine too transferred to my AA account right the way when the statement cut.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NP27 wrote:
I dont see anything like that on my AA member home screen.  I recently acquired my AA credit card, but have had an AA member account for 3 years now.

If your miles aren't posting after your statement cuts, you most likely have two seperate AA accounts. This happened to me when I had an Amex Delta. I had a Skymiles account for several years before I got my Amex Delta card and I had to merge my two accounts. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.