Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA exec and PC options

tag
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi AA exec and PC options

I just called the EO two days ago to move my AA exec CL to AA plat. She asked my permission for hard inquiry and i'm okay. She mentioned i cannot have 100% CL transfer. I waiting for the answer. 

Message 11 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@vAirGo7 wrote:

I just called the EO two days ago to move my AA exec CL to AA plat. She asked my permission for hard inquiry and i'm okay. She mentioned i cannot have 100% CL transfer. I waiting for the answer. 

I am talking about a PC. Did you PC from the AA exec to an AA plat or you had both cards and are trying to transfer the CL from one card to another? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@vAirGo7 wrote:

I am talking about a PC. Did you PC from the AA exec to an AA plat or you had both cards and are trying to transfer the CL from one card to another? 

A PC with Citi a HP ?   It did not happen for me.

@OP  You could PC to the AA Gold which has no AF but also no benefits. Like this you could keep the account and maybe wait to PC to a more convenient card later on.  I did PC my AA Platinum Select to the Double Cash and replaced the AA card with the US Airways from Barclays. My PC did not involve a HP.

Message 13 of 18
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@vAirGo7 wrote:

I have both cards trying to combine the CL and cancel AA exec. My annual fee is due soon and i decided to combine CL because i want to have a higher limit CC. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't one simply freeze all reports before attempting this?

Message 15 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@vAirGo7 wrote:

A PC with Citi a HP ?   It did not happen for me.

@OP  You could PC to the AA Gold which has no AF but also no benefits. Like this you could keep the account and maybe wait to PC to a more convenient card later on.  I did PC my AA Platinum Select to the Double Cash and replaced the AA card with the US Airways from Barclays. My PC did not involve a HP.

I have looked at the AA gold card. The AA plat card makes more sense since there are benefits to having the card and the 10k miles back on my redemption will offset the AF. After a year I will try to PC the plat card to double cash card. If I wasn't getting the 10k miles back then I would just pc to double cash now. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 16 of 18
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@vAirGo7 wrote:

Which EO number dis you call? There are a few i found here but not sure which one is the best to call. Looking to increase my AA cl and wouldn't mind moving TYP cl. 

@OP...apologies for the thread hijack.

Message 17 of 18
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

@vAirGo7 wrote:

Which EO number dis you call? There are a few i found here but not sure which one is the best to call. Looking to increase my AA cl and wouldn't mind moving TYP cl. 

@OP...apologies for the thread hijack.

They are two EO numbers listed at the backdoor numbers. The first one is no longer active. I used the second one.

They moved 99% of the CL to another account.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.