Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA exec

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Citi AA exec

Have the Citi AA exec card and AF is coming up. I have not heard of anyone being able to downgrade the card to something else. The retention offers do not seem like they will be enough to justify AF. I have a citi hilton, but I hear citi is a pain about moving credit lines around. Is there anything I can really do with this card or is my only real plan to cancel it if I don't want to eat the AF?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AA exec

@red259 wrote:

Have the Citi AA exec card and AF is coming up. I have not heard of anyone being able to downgrade the card to something else. The retention offers do not seem like they will be enough to justify AF. I have a citi hilton, but I hear citi is a pain about moving credit lines around. Is there anything I can really do with this card or is my only real plan to cancel it if I don't want to eat the AF?

Well, they will probably want an HP to move the CL.

Message 2 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Well, they will probably want an HP to move the CL.

Yea I am not taking a HP for that. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 7
HiLine
Blogger

Citi told me last year on a different card that they could not move the CL's.

Message 4 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I did not have the Exec card but Platinum Select and to avoid the AF Citi offered me to PC to AA Gold which is a product you cannot apply but it still exists. Then I decided to PC to Double Cash instead. No HP or whatsoever... smooth PC. I do not see why this should not work for the Executive as it is also a co-branded product. Good luck!

Message 5 of 7
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

If you're a valued member they'll want to retain your business over however many cards you have with them. My advice would be to call CS and speak with someone who can advise you on your options. Tell them you don't want an HP, and just want smooth transition. Citi has several products that should meet your criteria, and their retention department will have done their job. 

Message 6 of 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Citi moved CLs for me in September. Took a HP for it though.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.