Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi® / AAdvantage® - Fico Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi® / AAdvantage® - Fico Score

Does anyone know what fico score does one need to be approved for a Citi AAdvantage credit card.  I don't want to apply and take a hit if I am not approved.  Any input is appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi® / AAdvantage® - Fico Score

I thought citi was low 620ish
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:
I thought citi was low 620ish

620's?

Message 3 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

in today's time and with citi struggling a little, i would raise that to 660 if it was 620.

However i am just speculating

what are your scores, any baddies, what are they?

keep us updated

Message 4 of 10
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

The Citi Aadvantage cards were known to be the easiest of all citi unsecured cards to get (probably because they want that $75 annual fee from you).  People who were rebuilding their credit used to get approved for this card and then call back when they got their cards to do a product change to a Citi card with no annual fee.  Citi is great with product changes, and would change them to a different product that initially required a higher FICO without any issues.

This is before the current credit crisis, so I don't know if this is still the case.

Message 5 of 10
oracles
Valued Contributor

@Mark_in_Pasadena wrote:

The Citi Aadvantage cards were known to be the easiest of all citi unsecured cards to get (probably because they want that $75 annual fee from you).  People who were rebuilding their credit used to get approved for this card and then call back when they got their cards to do a product change to a Citi card with no annual fee.  Citi is great with product changes, and would change them to a different product that initially required a higher FICO without any issues.

This is before the current credit crisis, so I don't know if this is still the case.

wow that is really interesting and very clever.

Did they still make you pay the fee and then product change you?

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

anyone applied lately with lower 600 scores and get approved?

I think I'm blacklisted from citiSmiley Sad 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the Citi AAdvantage cards it helps to be over 650 and have no recent bad history or derrog's. But they could have changed their policies with the times we are in right now.
Message 8 of 10
Equinox
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know what fico score does one need to be approved for a Citi AAdvantage credit card.  I don't want to apply and take a hit if I am not approved.  Any input is appreciated.

@I got a preoffer for one in the mail last month. Got it for 3k @ 680EQ. Clean report, no baddies or anything.

Message 9 of 10
Mark_in_Pasadena
Regular Contributor

@oracles wrote:

@Mark_in_Pasadena wrote:

wow that is really interesting and very clever.

Did they still make you pay the fee and then product change you?

They waive the annual fee for the 1st year, so it wasn't an issue as long as you did a product change before the year was up.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.