Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage Gold MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage Gold MC

Hi all,

ive ve been receiving a lot of citi AAdvantage Gold Mastercard invitation letter in the mail like every week now. Is this card hard to get? Does nobody have an idea what's the score range to get approved for this car? And credit bureau that they pull? My 0% with Chase is running out in about 7 months and I'd like to prepare for the worst in case I can't pay off my balances. I'd like to take advantage of the new 0% fri citi and do a BT.

thanks in advance for your reply.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AAdvantage Gold MC

Do you have negatives on your CR? Citi started approving me when I was closer to 700 Fico score. They're a heavy EX puller but have been known to pull others.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me they double pulled EX and EQ.
My impression is that they are less strict than chase.
Might be even easier now that Barclay is still taking applications for their US air cards, because there is some competition.
Also, if you do apply, make sure you get the publicly available 50k miles bonus with AF waived. Some people have been getting targeted offers that are LESS than the public offer
Message 3 of 8
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Equifax for me.....scores in the low 800's  This is the Gold AA card, note the bonus has always been 25,000 in recent memory for $750 spend in three months, the 50,000 offer is usually the Platinum or Executive AA card with a $3000  platinum and $5000 Executive spend in three months....good luck if you apply, Citi is a lot easier than Chase, at least in my situations......

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bad you are right about the bonus. I just thought it was a gold mastercard but it is a different product
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It did offer 50k miles and free AF waive first year. And I believe it has 0% apr for 12 months too but unfortunately I threw the mailer away somewhere.  No I don't have any baddies. I'm always under the impression that citi is more strict than Chase.  I have 3 Chase cards without any issues.

i think I'll wait for my score to rebound a little bit more and the next mailer. Thanks all for your inputs.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is definitely more strict.
Message 7 of 8
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Citi double pulled me for all three cards. HP on EX and HP on EQ each time.

Even with 720-750 FICO scores.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.