Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Invitation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Invitation

I received a Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Invitation in the mail with unique invitation number.

I am little hesitant to apply for it as I was declined in the past with Citi Double Cash card. I have made mistake with the citi bank like 5 years ago, but i have been good with my other cards in last 2 years no late payments.

my fico score as follow...

EQ: 661

TU: 649

EXP: 697

what are chances of getting approved for this card? 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Invitation

Pretty good shot. That card is typically one of their 'easier' to get.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get this offer monthly.  They tell me I am a valued customer.  I have the CSP, and the Freedom for two years.  Cancelled the Freedom then got an offer for the FU and got instantly approved.

I won't respond to the email offer on this AAdvantage card.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Invitation in the mail with unique invitation number.

I am little hesitant to apply for it as I was declined in the past with Citi Double Cash card. I have made mistake with the citi bank like 5 years ago, but i have been good with my other cards in last 2 years no late payments.

my fico score as follow...

EQ: 661

TU: 649

EXP: 697

what are chances of getting approved for this card? 

Those mailers with invitation numbers are nothing more than marketing mailers and in now way represent any kind of preapproval.  Check the link below to see if you're preapproved for any of their cards including the AA card.  If not then I'd say your chances aren't that great given what else you posted.  Depending on the 'mistake ' you made with Citi you could very well be blacklisted.

https://www.citicards.com/cards/credit/application/flow.action?isInvitation=Y#

Message 4 of 6
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

I made the mistake of assuming the invitation I received was as good as a preapproval. A denial due to too many recently opened accts. 

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 5 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And, as always, do you want/need this card?  Even if you get sent a preapproval signed by the CEO of the issuer, it doesn't mean you should go for it, only if the card really meets your needs.   

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.