Citi AAdvantage & barclaycard US airways

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage & barclaycard US airways

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:
I think you have a good chance. I always waited 6 months in between Barclays applications. But other people have no problem at all.

I hope Smiley Happy

I had the wife app for the Arrival+ for the 40,000pts with $3,000 spend and 12mos 0% APR on Purchases and BT's and she got the 10 day message with a 724 TU FICO.

If she doesn't get an approval email by tomorrow I'm going to have her call into Recon line and close out the Rewards MC and apply it's CL to the Arrival+.

I do have many new accounts now reporting, so i'm sure they would like that,

oh and i got the 10 day message when i apped for the arrival, i called the backdoor number and was told i was approved for 4k, next day i called in again and asked to have the limit doubled and i was granted 8k Smiley Happy

I think doing some gardening may be your best option with that many pulls looks like you have an fair amount of ex pulls with all those chase cards you seem to have. If it weren't for that i would suggest maybe trying amex delta i know it doesn't synergize exactly with Citi AA but its another 50k offer out there. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:
I think you have a good chance. I always waited 6 months in between Barclays applications. But other people have no problem at all.

I hope Smiley Happy

I had the wife app for the Arrival+ for the 40,000pts with $3,000 spend and 12mos 0% APR on Purchases and BT's and she got the 10 day message with a 724 TU FICO.

If she doesn't get an approval email by tomorrow I'm going to have her call into Recon line and close out the Rewards MC and apply it's CL to the Arrival+.

I do have many new accounts now reporting, so i'm sure they would like that,

oh and i got the 10 day message when i apped for the arrival, i called the backdoor number and was told i was approved for 4k, next day i called in again and asked to have the limit doubled and i was granted 8k Smiley Happy

I think doing some gardening may be your best option with that many pulls looks like you have an fair amount of ex pulls with all those chase cards you seem to have. If it weren't for that i would suggest maybe trying amex delta i know it doesn't synergize exactly with Citi AA but its another 50k offer out there. 

all my chase cards are almost 2 years old if not more, slate would be my most recent one and i got it in may i beleive..

Message 22 of 29
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

so i have a question,

I got the AAdvantage for the 50k bonus miles,

Barclays US ariways is offering  50k bonus as well which is said can be used for us airways or american airlines, now can the us ariways be combined with the aadvantage miles and be redeemed for american airlines together?

i'm really new to this whole miles program and all,

please give me your input on this or clarify it for me or simply correct my lack of understanding about these rewards programs..

When they merge programs yes.

when are they mergining? and will that potentially put an end to one or the other  us airways or aadvantage cards? or will those cards simply earn the same miles that will add up to the same place?

There are a few articles about it online. The Barclay's US Airways card will be PC'd to the Aviator Silver or Red.

This is interesting becuase according to the welcome packet I receive yesterday, Barclaycard will issue an American Airlines AAdvatage MC with new benefits in Q2 of 2015. Guess we will have to wait and see what really happens. 

Message 23 of 29
sunkissed
Established Contributor

How long did it take for the welcome package to arrive?  I applied and was approved on Dec 11th.  I received the card about a week later, but I still have yet to receive a welcome package.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 24 of 29
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

How long did it take for the welcome package to arrive?  I applied and was approved on Dec 11th.  I received the card about a week later, but I still have yet to receive a welcome package.

I apped on 12/5 and the package arrived yesterday.

Message 25 of 29
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

Thanks a bunch!  I'm no longer worried Smiley Very Happy

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

I applied on 12/8 and just got my package yesterday as well

Message 27 of 29
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Thanks Irish!

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still don't have mine Smiley Indifferent

Wife's arrived 35 days after approval.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.