Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage approved after a recon

tag
learnandlearn
Established Member

Citi AAdvantage approved after a recon

I applied for a Citi AAdvantage CC and got declined with the dreaded letter. Doing my research on this forum, I managed to contact the CITI president office and got it turned around and got approved. It is my 2nd prime card (the other one is Penfed Promise Visa) since my BK in 2005 and couldn't be happier, although the CL is only $3500.

Has anyone had success in CLI shortly after a recon?

Also, has anyone been successful in applying to another Citi Card after a recon?

Thanks -

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage approved after a recon

Congrats

Message 2 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Wish I knew the answer to your questions, but I haven't had to recon with them.
Congrats on the approval, your persistence paid off! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 14
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Congrats - do you know what your scores are?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 4 of 14
Andy77
Valued Contributor

How did you go about your recon?

Did you call?  Email?

I have heard people getting approved for Citi cards at the 7 or 8 yr mark after the discharge, but not 5 yrs.

I am intriguied.

Send me a private message, please

Message 5 of 14
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

I have gotten 4 Citi cards this year, 8 years after BK. I have AA sig, Simplicity. Diamond an Thank you Preferred. 2 CLI's after 6th statement cuts on each

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 6 of 14
kpresod
Regular Contributor

CongratsCongrats!! Is it possible to share the information with me? It would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
learnandlearn
Established Member

@Andy77 wrote:

How did you go about your recon?

Did you call?  Email?

I have heard people getting approved for Citi cards at the 7 or 8 yr mark after the discharge, but not 5 yrs.

I am intriguied.

Send me a private message, please

In my case it was on the 7 year mark and yes I did call them. They ask for past w2s and proof of income.

Message 8 of 14
learnandlearn
Established Member

@kpresod wrote:

CongratsCongrats!! Is it possible to share the information with me? It would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

This particular thread was very helpful in getting the information necessary to make contact.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-APP-Declined-BUT-President-Office-Contact-Update/t...

Message 9 of 14
learnandlearn
Established Member

@breedo wrote:

Congrats - do you know what your scores are?

My Ficos: TU=725, EQ=697

My EX: FAKO (USAA Credit Monitoring) = 694 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.