Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage approved with a high CL

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Citi AAdvantage approved with a high CL

Hello myFico,

It is just amazing how things work. I was denied for a cli with discover, denied for for world MC with barclay(despite having a history with them) and just for the heck of it(knowing that i may be denied or get a low initial Cl) i applied for citi advantage world master card(40k miles for american airlines)...BOOOOOM...approved automatically by the system, created online account and password...highest ever initial CL $8500!!!

Please let me know your experiences with Citi American Airlines advantage Master Card as I have no idea about what kinda card it is except that I'll get 40k miles for 3k in purchases within the first 90 days and $0 annual fee for 12 months!! What a end to the weekend!!! Love it. Thanks to all contributors here.

Code

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage approved with a high CL

Congrats...great job!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

Hello myFico,

It is just amazing how things work. I was denied for a cli with discover, denied for for world MC with barclay(despite having a history with them) and just for the heck of it(knowing that i may be denied or get a low initial Cl) i applied for citi advantage world master card(40k miles for american airlines)...BOOOOOM...approved automatically by the system, created online account and password...highest ever initial CL $8500!!!

Please let me know your experiences with Citi American Airlines advantage Master Card as I have no idea about what kinda card it is except that I'll get 40k miles for 3k in purchases within the first 90 days and $0 annual fee for 12 months!! What a end to the weekend!!! Love it. Thanks to all contributors here.

Code

CONGRATS!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

Hello myFico,

Code

Congratulations.  Not sure what you mean "I have no idea about what kinda card it is".

The card simply earns American Airlines AAdvantage miles, which can be used for flights on them and their partners/hotels/etc.  You can also redeem for gift cards/magazines etc, but these are considered lower value uses.

You usually earn 1 mile per $ spent, with 2 miles on AA purchases.

Do you fly AA or partners?  (Or US Air once merger happens?)

Message 4 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

Hello myFico,

Code

Congratulations.  Not sure what you mean "I have no idea about what kinda card it is".

The card simply earns American Airlines AAdvantage miles, which can be used for flights on them and their partners/hotels/etc.  You can also redeem for gift cards/magazines etc, but these are considered lower value uses.

Also, there is an AF which people generally find easy to get partly waived with a retention offer (like fee credit if you spend $1000 in the next three months etc).  Having some spend on the account will help!

Message 5 of 14
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@codesingh wrote:

Hello myFico,

Code

Also, there is an AF which people generally find easy to get partly waived with a retention offer (like fee credit if you spend $1000 in the next three months etc).  Having some spend on the account will help!

Thanks all...Thanks longtimelurker for the idea.

I do use AA and I see this citi card as better than amex delta in that it will give me one companion ticket/fare per year. 

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 6 of 14
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Congrats!
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 7 of 14
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

AAdvantage mile is generally considered one of the most valuable Frequent Flyer Miles.. Slightly better than United, much better than Delta.. According to my experience. 

BTW.. I was thinking you were approved for something like $30K CL when I saw the subject.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 8 of 14
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

AAdvantage mile is generally considered one of the most valuable Frequent Flyer Miles.. Slightly better than United, much better than Delta.. According to my experience. 

BTW.. I was thinking you were approved for something like $30K CL when I saw the subject.

That's right w20031424, esp. because CITI will give one companion fare each year of membership is what tops the skymiles, actually amex's gold delta skymiles used to give a companion fare each year of membership but then they stopped doing that.

...well...the news is i got yet another notification that they added few more hundred and made it to 9.1k for my approval. 9.1k is a high initial CL!! for any lender.

Message 9 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

Hello myFico,

Code

Congrats WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.