cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage card---Debt Restructure unit/Active Citi Client First Cards Only Relationship??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage card---Debt Restructure unit/Active Citi Client First Cards Only Relationship??

I have been a lurker on this forum for a while, learned a lot--so I want to put that thanks out there.

I recieved the Citi AAdvantage card a couple of months ago. $4k limit.  I thought I had signed up for auto pay.  I just happen to look at my account last night and realized that I had missed a payment that was due on 5/7. I also realize that I was not enrolled in auto pay.  I immediately made a payment.  I connected with chat because I wanted to know if I would get charged a late fee and would it be reported to credit burea.  Chat person yes.  I then ask it late fee could be waived if I called.  She said probably not. Okay moving on, here is what happens next on chat:

Martha: at 20:55:15
I do see that this account is part of an Active Citi Client First Cards Only Relationship.
Me: at 20:55:32
what does that mean?
Me: at 20:55:44
I'm dot familiar with that?
Me: at 20:55:50
not familiar
Martha: at 20:56:55
It is part of our Debt Restructure unit. I suggest that you give them a call during business hours tomorrow.
Martha: at 20:57:04
Here's the number: 18666808629
Me: at 20:57:48
But can you explain what it is now?
Martha: at 20:58:46
It is for helping cardmembers with paying down their card debt.
Me: at 20:59:26

But why would I be apart of that?

Me: at 20:59:40
I would not have signed up for that.
Martha: at 21:00:40
I have no idea. I saw the notice at the top of the page. I am sorry if you are distressed. I do not have any information regarding it. I am
sorry for any confusion.
Me: at 21:01:20
can you hold for a minute. I am going to google it
Martha: at 21:03:29
Sure.
Me: at 21:03:39
I will call tomorrowI
don't see anything that is giving me information

I haven't had a chance to call because I'm at work, but does anyone know what this is? I just wanted some information before I called.  I have been rebuilding my credit for the last 4 years.  My score is around 655 across the board.  I have 3 other citi cards (Bestbuy citi 3k, citi preferred 2k and Simplicity 1.8k). 

Also--will this late get reported to the credit bureaus? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AAdvantage card---Debt Restructure unit/Active Citi Client First Cards Only Relationship??

It won't be reported.  They report to the CRAs if you are 30 or more days late.

Message 2 of 12
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage card---Debt Restructure unit/Active Citi Client First Cards Only Relationship??

As Irish stated no on the late reporting. What kind of Utilization are you carrying on your Citi cards? this may be the key 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This reads to me like a new customer with a quick default (but according to you this is not your first Citi card), thus the card was shifted to that unit.

EDIT

Do you have any lates wtih Citi on your other (2) cards?

You said you've had this card a couple of months and thought you were on auto-pay.  Does this mean you have not made a payment yet?  I doubt the late fees will be reversed.

Please take all things under your control.  Depending on auto-pay or such can have negative results that you cannot get reversed.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was the first time a payment was due on the card.  It does have a high balance.  I purchased six airline tickets (on American). No other lates on my other citi cards--or any of my accounts.   I haven't had a late payment on any account in 5.5 years. 

Message 5 of 12
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Are you carrying high balances on your other citi cards? Any other cards besides citi carrying high balances? could be that Citi is spooked by your obligations if so. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This was the first time a payment was due on the card.  It does have a high balance.  I purchased six airline tickets (on American). No other lates on my other citi cards--or any of my accounts.   I haven't had a late payment on any account in 5.5 years. 

Ok, makes sense now.  This sort of reads like you hear "first payment default" for a first payment on a car loan (NOT saying you defaulted here, just most lenders really want that first payment to start out on time).

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I called.  This group is the only group that can see all your CITI cards across the board.  They said the regular customer service on back of card can't see/know the status of all your citi cards at one time and only thier department can.  She said I was in good standing and shouldn't worry.  She also put a note on the account to waive the late fee if one pooped up.  They do other things as well (like handle late payments) but mostly it is customer service for all the citi cards you might have under different brands--and for me that would be Best Buy and American Airlines plus the Simplicity and Preferred cards.  That chat really had me worried.  Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay I called.  This group is the only group that can see all your CITI cards across the board.  They said the regular customer service on back of card can't see/know the status of all your citi cards at one time and only thier department can.  She said I was in good standing and shouldn't worry.  She also put a note on the account to waive the late fee if one pooped up.  They do other things as well (like handle late payments) but mostly it is customer service for all the citi cards you might have under different brands--and for me that would be Best Buy and American Airlines plus the Simplicity and Preferred cards.  That chat really had me worried.  Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Will they do that with a scooper?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol!.  Good catch.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.