Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage exec payment hold?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage exec payment hold?

I have just started paying attention to the details of things after I had a surprise on my Amex so now I'm looking at the little things I've never looked at before. I just paid my Citi AA exec card on Thursday-- the funds came out of my account on Friday-- my citi card shows the payment online and shows a 0 balance, says my credit line, but then says available is 0. Does Citi hold payments or what's the deal? Thanks.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AAdvantage exec payment hold?

Oh I should say that I was over my credit limit due to a large purchase, but that's allowed on this particular card. I was like 2k over my limit this month. But it's all paid off, on time, early.
Message 2 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have just started paying attention to the details of things after I had a surprise on my Amex so now I'm looking at the little things I've never looked at before. I just paid my Citi AA exec card on Thursday-- the funds came out of my account on Friday-- my citi card shows the payment online and shows a 0 balance, says my credit line, but then says available is 0. Does Citi hold payments or what's the deal? Thanks.

They do until you have an establish payment pattern. Most lenders do this.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I've had the card for more than 2 years-- but this was a large bill so I paid with my brokerage account, which I've never done before on this card. Normally I just transfer from my Citi checking account. So is this due to me using an account for the first time?
Message 4 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Due to making an unusual payment, which is from a different source and/or larger than normal

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is there a set time for such a hold as this? I'm just curious. Credit isn't tight for me at the moment so it's no big deal but I'd like to educate myself just incase I need to know someday. My payment posted Sept 24, but is still not reflected in my available credit. Is this like a week or 2 weeks or what? Thanks.
Message 6 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So is there a set time for such a hold as this? I'm just curious. Credit isn't tight for me at the moment so it's no big deal but I'd like to educate myself just incase I need to know someday. My payment posted Sept 24, but is still not reflected in my available credit. Is this like a week or 2 weeks or what? Thanks.

I've had this happen to my Discover before, I called them and while you are on the phone with them they call your bank to verifiy that the funds have been released from your bank then they lift the hold right then and there. Give them a call to see if they can do that.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This happened to me on my first payment (prestige).  Since then the credit is released within 24 hours.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.