cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!! - President Office Contact Update...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!! - HATE YOU!

@injustifiiable wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Found this info on another thread

New credit score disclosures began July 21st, 2011. Regulations require lenders to provide a credit score and related information when they deny a consumer's request for credit or provide credit with less favorable credit terms than other consumers with better credit histories.To read more about this subject go to ScoreInfo.

I thought so...I was denied by Citi and they didn't give me a score with the letter...what the heck?

Yes, Citi Pulled my EX Report (Only Report) and the system auto Decclines for the BK... That is why I was being told no score available.  She "Basically" answered yes to "If Citi non Co-Branded Cards INSTANT Decline for BK"

Message 31 of 42
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!! - President Office Contact Update...

@Creditaddict wrote:

Okay so declined for BK and INQ... I have not heard that the BK would really be a problem after so many years and INQ is fair... he said I could pull my EX and write in to have it reviewed if I think I deserve it.... is that worth it? Any number to call that I can do that over the phone?

I was quite impressed that he never said a "letter is on it's way to tell you why, I can't! blah stuff I hate hearing!

Further more I figured EX Pull but asked and he confirmed and then I stepped out where I REALLY thought he would read some line and asked score, to my jaw dropping on floor he came back with 692!

692!!!! WHAT???! The only thing I could think of is "WHAT, 692 and I didn't get approved!!? HAHA  That is about I don't know 60+ points higher then I would have ever guessed!  Should I apply for Home Depot? or who else? would the bk matter less?

I have always shyed away from EX pullers because to my knowledge it's always been my worst... I think it might be my best now!

Don't feel bad. I was turned down today by Citibank and my score is a 705.They based it on the fact I have one unpaid collection from 2005 that drops off in march 2013.They have very stringent requirements for their approval process and to be honest I understand why especially considering the near melt down of the banking industry in the last 4 years.With a little work and time we can get in the Citibank family and when it happens our credit limits will be all the more sizable. 

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 32 of 42
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Citi APP - Declined... BUT??!!!

@drkaje wrote:

Ex may have the fewest inquiries.

Don't forget to get your free credit report from Ex.

Will it have a REAL experian credit score?

Goal 750 Across

Message 33 of 42
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. No Score included when you get free report because of declined or adverse action, and it's not worth buying because it's not Fico.

2. BANKS SHOULD HAVE FAILED if that's what would have happened with out bailout... I got taken out in the crisis, Why did the banks get a pass to be saved...

Ugh I don't even want to go down that road, sorry... going to remove myself from this thread now, it died yesterday with the supervisor.

Message 34 of 42
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

1. No Score included when you get free report because of declined or adverse action, and it's not worth buying because it's not Fico.

2. BANKS SHOULD HAVE FAILED if that's what would have happened with out bailout... I got taken out in the crisis, Why did the banks get a pass to be saved...

Ugh I don't even want to go down that road, sorry... going to remove myself from this thread now, it died yesterday with the supervisor.

I'm sorry things didn't work out yesterday but applying in 6 months is still a possibility.Maybe the outcome might or might not be different.Approval often is due to the person on the other end of the phone.Get the right person AND....you know.  I did call the number posted on this thread for one last shot at approval.The lady I spoke to was very pleasant and promise to call me in a few days.Actually, she had a very sexy voice.Lets hope I get a positive CHARGE from the outcome.

Goal 750 Across

Message 35 of 42
swpopham
Established Contributor

605-331-1698
(605) xxx-xxxx. Worthless contact.. declined my wife for too many inquires... only reason btw her eq was 804 1.5% uti

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 36 of 42
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@swpopham wrote:
605-331-1698
(605) xxx-xxxx Worthless contact.. declined my wife for too many inquires... only reason btw her eq was 804 1.5% uti

What an impressive credit score.May I ask how many inquiries were on your wife's CR? I don't think its right to turn people down just for a handful of inquiries, especially when every other factor is good.

Goal 750 Across

Message 37 of 42
swpopham
Established Contributor

we have 70 between all 3 CRA added together  a good number of them are falling off on the 1st, all of the mortgage inquires are gone on 9-1-12  I would say 30 of them are NFCU

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 38 of 42
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Thank you for sharing that. I personally feel that inquiries are too heavily factored into our scores. If people are keeping a low util and paying on time that should be more important factors to show credit worthiness. I've actually had a single inquirie fall off my credit report and seen my score go up by nearly 20 points. Just one inquirie can be that influential.That is a lot.Btw, at the time I didn't complain since the move was in my favorSmiley Happy

Goal 750 Across

Message 39 of 42
tbolt2
Contributor

Don't feel bad. I was turned down today by Citibank and my score is a 705.They based it on the fact I have one unpaid collection from 2005 that drops off in march 2013.They have very stringent requirements for their approval process and to be honest I understand why especially considering the near melt down of the banking industry in the last 4 years.With a little work and time we can get in the Citibank family and when it happens our credit limits will be all the more sizable. 

I was approved for a Citi Simplicity card on 08/20. MyFico EQ score 678. The approval letter I received from Citi today says my score at EQ is 632 , out of a range of 250 to 900.

EQ is my cleanest report - only one negative -  a paid  judgement from 2010 and 20+ inquiries in the last two years. They approved me for 1000.

The only thing I can think of that helped - I am AU on my wife's Citi Diamond (500.00) and Citi Dividend (2300.00)  which we have had for 13 months.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.