Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi APR Reduction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi APR Reduction

Hey Everyone,

I recently got an APR reduction on my Citi ThankYou Preferred from 24.24 to 20.49 using the secure message option. I chatted but was told there were no offers available so I sent a secure message asking them if it was possible to lower my APR since I've had the card for around 10 months. I also got Capital One to reduce to 17.15 but only as a temporary 7 Month offer. I was wondering how often I can ask Citi to reduce APR. I don't usually carry a balance but it feels nice having a lower APR just in case I need to make a big purchase for school or travel. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Re: Citi APR Reduction

I've lowered the APR on my Forward twice now.  Went from 19% -> 15%.  I think the gaps between my requests were like a year apart if that's any help.

Anyway, that's one thing I like about Citi, they seem to be fairly accomdating with APR reduction requests, unlike Chase. *grumble*

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

woohoo congrats OP. This is a good data point for APR reductions.  Secure Message. I will remember that.

I thought the Citi thank you preferred had 12-18 months no interest though, did they reduce your APR while in a promo???

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha Thanks! I'm actually a college student so my card had 7 Months of No Interests then the normal rate of 24.24 (originally 23.99 but Fed Rate Hike) so they lowered from there. 

Message 4 of 5
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the wonderful APR reduction!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.