Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi APR reduction

no go on another reduction today, but I will try again tomorrow

Message 11 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember they most likely will also look at FICO (and other factors) in determing how low they are willing to take your rate. I believe my FICO was close to 740 in 2016 at the time they offered their lowest rate.

Message 12 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. Considering my approval was initially for over 20%, I may not be able to get tons lower than the 17.49 it's sitting at now, but will still try again for more

Message 13 of 68
pip3man
Valued Contributor

With the interest rate hike of yesterday, my new APR on the Prestige will be 13.99% while the Double Cash slowly creeps to 5.74%. From what I was told back then, Citi is not flexible with reducing APR on their flagship card - the Prestige. That one time my Prestige's interest rate was lowered, the agent specifically told me it was a test/pilot program that was very uncommon and would likely be discontinued. To top it off, the reduction was like only 1 or 2% in comparison to the usual 4% off per request I normally got with the DC. And ever since then, they never reduced my Prestige's rate again even though the DC continued getting some love.

Message 14 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

With the interest rate hike of yesterday, my new APR on the Prestige will be 13.99% while the Double Cash slowly creeps to 5.74%. From what I was told back then, Citi is not flexible with reducing APR on their flagship card - the Prestige. That one time my Prestige's interest rate was lowered, the agent specifically told me it was a test/pilot program that was very uncommon and would likely be discontinued. To top it off, the reduction was like only 1 or 2% in comparison to the usual 4% off per request I normally got with the DC. And ever since then, they never reduced my Prestige's rate again even though the DC continued getting some love.

Interesting information, mister. If I remember correctly from last year, you PC'd with Citi to one of your current cards, correct, and the low rate was a result of that? 

The feds will do us all in yet if they keep trying.

I think we should start with cutting the Federal Reserve - with the first cut being Janet Yellen.

Message 15 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info. Considering my approval was initially for over 20%, I may not be able to get tons lower than the 17.49 it's sitting at now, but will still try again for more

Definitely always try, Tigers, you are doing great. You'll never know if you don't try. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

hopped on chat this morning and they gave me another reduction by 2%. Not sure how much more I can get it lowered, but dropping it by 6.5% over 4 days is nice

Message 17 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work, tigers, enjoy the lower APR! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fifth try in 5 days; Citi lowered again today by 0.75%. Considering my initial approval was at 21.99% and they've dropped it to 14.74% I may have hit my limit.
My approval was with a 674 EQ; don't know if they will take it all the way down to their lower APR
Message 19 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

No go today on a reduction, so I think I've hit my bottom. Still, getting APR reduced from my original 21.99% to 14.74% feels good. I'm less than 1% away from their lowest rate for the DC.  It is also good to see a bank working with someone the way they have. Very polite CSRs through chat

Message 20 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.