cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AT&T Access More Recon?

tag
Contributor

Citi AT&T Access More Recon?

Long story short, I applied for the Citi AT&T Access More card but was denied. After calling their recon number, the rep told me it was denied due to "too high of a debt to income ratio." I think this is because my cards last month reported a total of $1300 of credit card debt and I only make $12,000 a year as a student. I paid the balance down to $600 and the statement cut on the 8th, but apparently it didn't update on my EQ report in time. Should I try reconing again in a few days after the report updates, or should I just apply again in a month or so? It's worth mentioning that my scores are all over 750 now (my signature is outdated haha)

$1500            $1500             $2500             $2500             NPSL         
Starting EQ: 646 - Current EQ: 693 - Goal EQ for 12/2013: >720
Gardening from 7/2013 until 1/2014
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AT&T Access More Recon?

Did you have the initial decision reconsidered by the EO?  If so, it was likely sent to a senior UW who made the final decision.  Unfortunately, Citi isn't like Chase or Barclays where you can contact them several times in the hopes of overturning a decision.  Typically, it's recommended that your CRs look in favorable light so that whenever you apply the outcome leans more in your favor.  More than likely, you'd have to wait to reapply. 

Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Initially I got the 7-10 day message. I had to call a number to verify my income, then I received the denial. I called the recon number after that, but I'm not entirely sure if it was actually reconned - the rep just told me the reason behind the denial and didn't seem inclined to try to get it reconsidered.

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@528491 wrote:

Initially I got the 7-10 day message. I had to call a number to verify my income, then I received the denial. I called the recon number after that, but I'm not entirely sure if it was actually reconned - the rep just told me the reason behind the denial and didn't seem inclined to try to get it reconsidered.

Ok, makes sense. So, it sounds like you really haven't gone the escalated route yet.  I suppose it depends how badly you "need" this card and the efforts involved.

The only channel that can entertain the reconsideration would be the EO and they'll forward your request to the UW team.  Just be aware they will HP your CR again (not necessarily the same CR as the initial app - YEMV).  So, if that's the route you want to pursue, then nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Some folks have success, while others...well, do not.

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Gotcha! I'll probably wait a few days for the report to update first. Can you message me the EO recon number? I've come across a variety of numbers so I'm not sure what the real one is.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.