cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AT&T Universal

tag
wall9910

Citi AT&T Universal

I'm interested in this card for the 5% discount (initially 10%) on AT&T services. Does anyone have any experience with the card?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AT&T Universal

@wall9910 wrote:
I'm interested in this card for the 5% discount (initially 10%) on AT&T services. Does anyone have any experience with the card?

I was interested too but I opted against it for the sole reason that I didn't want to app for the card and only ever use it for my cell phone bill. Lol but I would imagine it would should have similiar U/W as the Dividend or Forward.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 2 of 7
Ron1
Super Contributor

I have had the card for almost six months Nothing special about this card. It has the same program as Citi TY MC except few beneits (celluar protection).  I got denied. I called Citi EO and they recon.  I got approved for $5K. By the way, they took portion of CL from Citi Cash Returns MC to  get approved. I reached rhe max exposure with Citi.

Ron.

Message 3 of 7
gnarlycow
Valued Member

I would keep this card for only the first year, and then PC it to another card like Dividend.

The first year, you have to match your AT&T charges with purchases elsewhere. So it's like 5.5% cash back on average. You could also overpay your AT&T bill if you want to make a large purchase somewhere else. The cap, I believe, is $350 per calendar year. To reach that, you'll have to spend $3500 at AT&T and $3500 elsewhere.

Message 4 of 7
wall9910

Thanks for the info. So are you saying that if my monthly AT&T bill is $100, I HAVE to use the card for an additional $100 that month to receive the 10% discount?
Message 5 of 7
gnarlycow
Valued Member

Yes. AT&T purchases must be matched with purchases elsewhere to be eligible for the 10% statement credit. All purchases other than at AT&T earn 1TYP/$

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gnarlycow wrote:

Yes. AT&T purchases must be matched with purchases elsewhere to be eligible for the 10% statement credit. All purchases other than at AT&T earn 1TYP/$

+1

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.