cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Aadvantage CLI - To or not To carry a balance???

tag
Aleecat
New Contributor

Citi Aadvantage CLI - To or not To carry a balance???

Does anyone know if citi prefers PIF or carrying balance each month??????????????????

Thanks Aleecat

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Aadvantage CLI - To or not To carry a balance???

I expect it depends on your scores.

If you are seen as low risk, then they'd like to have you carry a balance.

If high risk, then they'd rather you PIF.

Message 2 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

Aleecat wrote: Does anyone know if citi prefers PIF or carrying balance each month?

IME prime issuers would much rather see swipe fees than interest.  I have spoken with more than one underwriter or recon rep and they always see paying in full each month as a positive.  

Message 3 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Citi has been more CLI generous on my cards ive had balances on (0% promo). That card consistently gets a bump every 6 months but it is TYP. My AAdvantage and HHonors cards see little usage after promo spend and CLI are always denied. I agree they want heavy usage too.
Message 4 of 9
Aleecat
New Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Citi has been more CLI generous on my cards ive had balances on (0% promo). That card consistently gets a bump every 6 months but it is TYP. My AAdvantage and HHonors cards see little usage after promo spend and CLI are always denied. I agree they want heavy usage too.

Thankyou

Message 5 of 9
Aleecat
New Contributor

thanks

Message 6 of 9
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

my AA card and Prestige cards get the most use....approved for 11k on my Advantage back in July, had a 4k balance in January and requested a CLI increase to 20k and approved. My Premier doesnt get much use and was bumped 1400 at 6 months.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 7 of 9
Aleecat
New Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

my AA card and Prestige cards get the most use....approved for 11k on my Advantage back in July, had a 4k balance in January and requested a CLI increase to 20k and approved. My Premier doesnt get much use and was bumped 1400 at 6 months.

Hey DogersLV,

I see that you got a hard pull to get a descent bump for the Citi AA.  I may try the same once m account ages and a my HP age from the last app spree. 

Message 8 of 9
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Aleecat wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

Hey DogersLV,

I see that you got a hard pull to get a descent bump for the Citi AA.  I may try the same once m account ages and a my HP age from the last app spree. 

good plan...citi tends to look back at the last 6 months when it comes to number on INQs...they seem to pull strictly EQ when it comes to CLI request.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.