Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Amex PC to Double cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Amex PC to Double cash

A family member has a Citi Amex (Don't know which one) and wants to PC to double cash. Obviously they can't change it from an Amex to an MC, but can you get an Amex double cash? Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Amex PC to Double cash

@Anonymous wrote:

A family member has a Citi Amex (Don't know which one) and wants to PC to double cash. Obviously they can't change it from an Amex to an MC, but can you get an Amex double cash? Thanks!

Heck, I didn't even know Citi had offered Amex cards in the past.  I doubt though they would be able to PC in any way to the DC card.  Let us know though if they call Citi and find out for sure.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Heck, I didn't even know Citi had offered Amex cards in the past.  I doubt though they would be able to PC in any way to the DC card.  Let us know though if they call Citi and find out for sure.

I know once upon a time it was a co-branded card that got converted to a Citi Dividend and retained the Amex network. Since he hasn't used the 5% categories much the ~2% back on everything would be better. (Though Q4 2017 is Best Buy which may be useful Source: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/credit-cards-citi/citi.action?ID=dividend-quarterly-offer) If he does call I'll be sure to keep this thread updated!

Message 3 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Until recently I had a Citi AA account that had two cards (feeding off the same CL), one Amex one Visa.

Message 4 of 9
Chris679
Established Contributor

I have done PC from BoA Amex to Visa sig, no reason you can't PC Amex to MC. You just get a new account number but keep the history.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They PC'd yesterday to the DC. Re-issued as MC. CL is good so hoping for a WEMC, but the CSR didn't know the network status.

Message 6 of 9
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

My $800 DC is a WEMC as is my $300 GM BuyPower.  It's not that big a thing anymore.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a WMC. Surprising as the CL is over $10k.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Found p/c'ing cards is somewhat hit and miss. Citi has been good to me however and I p/c'd a Citi Dividend American Express Card to the Citi Double Cash MasterCard.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.