Did you mean: 

Citi App

tag
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi App

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checked the preapproved site.  They offered me 21.99% APR on the Simplicity.. I'm shocked, with scores in the 740s and perfect payment history, you'd think that Citi would want my business... 22.99% on the Double Cash and 21.9% on the TYP.  I have better cards with better APRs (not that I want to give them my business or carry a balance anyways..)

In any event, if you have a range, you should be worried.  If you have a solid APR score, you're likely to get in unless something dramatically changed from then until now.

Citi does not seem to like to give decent APRs unless you are in the "excellent" tier. I have the same problem, all of the prequals they will give me are 21-22%, even on non reward cards like Diamond Preferred where you'd think they could give a lower APR. I guess they are just a higher APR lender in general unless you're at like 800 lol.

That and a more seasoned history

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.