Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi App

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Citi App

I was looking to apply for a Citi Simplicity card. My EX FICO is 680. I was pre screened for this card. What are my chances?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Citi App

Generally Citi's preapprovals are considered pretty solid so you should be fine if you have a preapproval, and your needs match the benefits of this card (primarily a 0% period and forgiveness on a late payment, etc, if I am not mistaken).

Message 2 of 11
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Generally Citi's preapprovals are considered pretty solid so you should be fine if you have a preapproval, and your needs match the benefits of this card (primarily a 0% period and forgiveness on a late payment, etc, if I am not mistaken).

It was online pre approved, in the mail I get Diamond Preferred all the time.

Message 3 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you want it, I think you're fine to go for it then. I dunno about Simplicity but I know with Diamond Preferred, once you have reaped the benefits of the 0% period/BT/whatever, after a year you can PC to something ostensibly more useful like a Double Cash.

Message 4 of 11
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I have one paid collection and two CO all about one year left to SOL all paid.

Message 5 of 11
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I was approved for $3.800 CL and 18m 0% APR and then 17,99 APR after that.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked the preapproved site.  They offered me 21.99% APR on the Simplicity.. I'm shocked, with scores in the 740s and perfect payment history, you'd think that Citi would want my business... 22.99% on the Double Cash and 21.9% on the TYP.  I have better cards with better APRs (not that I want to give them my business or carry a balance anyways..)

In any event, if you have a range, you should be worried.  If you have a solid APR score, you're likely to get in unless something dramatically changed from then until now.

Message 7 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checked the preapproved site.  They offered me 21.99% APR on the Simplicity.. I'm shocked, with scores in the 740s and perfect payment history, you'd think that Citi would want my business... 22.99% on the Double Cash and 21.9% on the TYP.  I have better cards with better APRs (not that I want to give them my business or carry a balance anyways..)

In any event, if you have a range, you should be worried.  If you have a solid APR score, you're likely to get in unless something dramatically changed from then until now.

Citi does not seem to like to give decent APRs unless you are in the "excellent" tier. I have the same problem, all of the prequals they will give me are 21-22%, even on non reward cards like Diamond Preferred where you'd think they could give a lower APR. I guess they are just a higher APR lender in general unless you're at like 800 lol.

Message 8 of 11
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I hope I can get the APR down in 18m. I'm getting rid of Capital One 6 year old account and the best they can get is 20,99 APR and a $3.700 CL

Message 9 of 11
LitenFlicka

The APRs cited by the Citi Prescreen may not be what you get. Prescreen showed the same 21%-22% aprs on all 5 different cards it said I was eligable for but when applying for the Double Cash, it was approved with a 15.99% apr.

As of 12/31/14 EQ:811 TU:813 EX:816
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.