Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Approved and question about recon on cl

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Citi Approved and question about recon on cl

Approved for 1k CL with 0% for 1 year and no annual fee this is half what Chase and Barclays gave me, does city do recon on CL?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi Approved and question about recon on cl

With Citi, you have to use the card for six months before being able to ask for a CLI.

Message 2 of 7
learnin113
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Approved for 1k CL with 0% for 1 year and no annual fee this is half what Chase and Barclays gave me, does city do recon on CL?

You can always try, if you're successful, everyone here will be happy to know how.  Good luck.

Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Try calling and see what they say! (let us all know too)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Try calling and see what they say! (let us all know too)

Ok havent gotten any emailss yet and cant log into my account yet so may wait til the card shows up

Message 5 of 7
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I was approved for a Citi  diamond preferred on Nov 2011 and got 1,000  cl so I called for a cli and they hard pulled me again . Then they emailed me in the message center and said we are sorry but we cannot give you an increase you must wait 6 months before you ask for a cli. Why did they hard pull and then say wait 6 months?   

Message 6 of 7
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@ShiningDown wrote:

I was approved for a Citi  diamond preferred on Nov 2011 and got 1,000  cl so I called for a cli and they hard pulled me again . Then they emailed me in the message center and said we are sorry but we cannot give you an increase you must wait 6 months before you ask for a cli. Why did they hard pull and then say wait 6 months?   

I was just approved for the same card. They gave me half the CL of the other two cards I was approved for.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.