Super Contributor
DI

Citi BT Dilemma

I have a Citi Platinum Card I opened in July.  The CL is $4000.  I have a 0% BT offer that I can use by 4/2010.  I am wanting to xfer my last $5000 car loan balance to the card.   Is it likely for me to get a significant CLI by 12/09? 
Regular Contributor
johnson_long

Re: Citi BT Dilemma

You may not get any luv from Citi,  I got a Diamond Preffered last October with a 6,800 limit, Wednesday I hit the luv button asking for a 3200 CLI,,,  Citi DENIED my request citing "too many new accounts" !!??

This morning I got an Experain alert telling me  Citi pulled a HARD on Experian for my effort,  

Thanks Citi !!!

I quite wrongly assumed that would be a soft??   I got a 2,500 CLI from Penfed last month and it didn't cost me a hard hit ,,, 

YMMV ,,,

Super Contributor
DI

[ Edited ]

johnson_long wrote:

You may not get any luv from Citi,  I got a Diamond Preffered last October with a 6,800 limit, Wednesday I hit the luv button asking for a 3200 CLI,,,  Citi DENIED my request citing "too many new accounts" !!??

This morning I got an Experain alert telling me  Citi pulled a HARD on Experian for my effort,  

Thanks Citi !!!

I quite wrongly assumed that would be a soft??   I got a 2,500 CLI from Penfed last month and it didn't cost me a hard hit ,,, 

YMMV ,,,

If you get a form to fill out when you request a CLI it may cause you  a hard pull.  

Message Edited by DI on 10-02-2009 10:56 AM
Message Edited by DI on 10-02-2009 10:56 AM
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

In general I do not think that moving balances from installment to revolving is a good idea. You want move balances from revolving to installment.

In this credit climate increasing your revolving UTIL to save a few dollars finance charge on a secured installment loan is potential credit suicide. If I had a lot of recent credit app's and new accounts I certainly wouldn't make this move!

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

DI wrote:
I have a Citi Platinum Card I opened in July.  The CL is $4000.  I have a 0% BT offer that I can use by 4/2010.  I am wanting to xfer my last $5000 car loan balance to the card.   Is it likely for me to get a significant CLI by 12/09? 

Most likely not. I did not get a luv button CLI until six months plus and when I did it was around 25%. Expect increasing CL stickiness from Citi - they have to reduce their CL exposure.

Super Contributor
DI

Thanks.  I've been contemplating since July to make the BT. I more than likely won't do it for the reasons mentioned by
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Sometimes the best thing you can do is read a book.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+