Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Balance Transfer

tag
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Citi Balance Transfer

I opened my Citi account on October 15th and I went to make a BT today and was told I was no longer eligible.  It says that I had 4 months to make a BT.  I talked to CSR and they said after a review I was no longer eligible.  I don't get it.  Not one thing has changed on my CR or with them.  I'm beyond pissed.  I should have known better than to mess with these CCC's.  I will pay off all my CC's and close all accounts other than my CU who doesn't play these games.  I only owe $600 on my Citi account and I will pay off next week and then immediately close.  See ya Citi!!

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Citi Balance Transfer

Try contacting the EO, they should be able to help or the very least explain why you are no 'longer eligible'

Message 2 of 11
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Try contacting the EO, they should be able to help or the very least explain why you are no 'longer eligible'

Just seems like way more trouble than its worth.  I just needed to vent a little.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 3 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Just seems like way more trouble than its worth.  I just needed to vent a little.

I don't mean to rain on your venting parade but I think most BT cards come with terms like this. Some only give you 30 days to take advantage of the 0% promo, others 3 months. I was happy that Citi extended it to 4 months.

Let us know how the call to EO goes. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I don't mean to rain on your venting parade but I think most BT cards come with terms like this. Some only give you 30 days to take advantage of the 0% promo, others 3 months. I was happy that Citi extended it to 4 months.

I get that, but they offered it for four months and then yanked it somewhere in between.  That to me is BS!!  Not even going to worry about it.  Paying them off and closing.

Message 5 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with Citi. But I would reconsider closing all your credit card accounts, minus the ones with your local CU. If you have a couple with no AF, leave them open.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 11
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I get that, but they offered it for four months and then yanked it somewhere in between.  That to me is BS!!  Not even going to worry about it.  Paying them off and closing.

GULP! I totally misread your OP.

Yikes...that does not seem right at all. Did they send BT checks with your card? They did with mine and the 4 month date (good until date) was printed on the check. Maybe you can go that route.

Message 7 of 11
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Yikes...that does not seem right at all. Did they send BT checks with your card? They did with mine and the 4 month date (good until date) was printed on the check. Maybe you can go that route.

I went ahead and called EO and they couldn't tell me why I was no longer eligible.  The lady said she will manually take care of it.  So the BT should go through within a week or so.  I was pretty pissed because I have worked hard to get "prime" cards and then not being able to use them as advertised really tweaked me.  No point in letting them screw me later on either.  I'm happy with the result as long as the BT goes through from this point on.  That lady saved me from cancelling this account at this point, but I will say I'm a little leary of Citi right now.  I still feel CU is a way better option than any big bank.  

Message 8 of 11
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@dallasjetfan wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I went ahead and called EO and they couldn't tell me why I was no longer eligible.  The lady said she will manually take care of it.  So the BT should go through within a week or so.  I was pretty pissed because I have worked hard to get "prime" cards and then not being able to use them as advertised really tweaked me.  No point in letting them screw me later on either.  I'm happy with the result as long as the BT goes through from this point on.  That lady saved me from cancelling this account at this point, but I will say I'm a little leary of Citi right now.  I still feel CU is a way better option than any big bank.  

Or if you have the ability to do so, use both a big bank and a CU for ALL OF THE PERKS. Lol just my .02

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 9 of 11
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

My CU has been incredible!!  I have bought two cars and have a CC with them.  They approve me for loans without any hoops to jump through.  They know exactly what I make and based on my deposits so I never have to do anything other than make a phone call.  No big bank has or would ever treat me that way.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.