Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Bank Denial

I recently recieved a denial letter from Citi Bank. I dont really know why I got denied if someone can explain it for me.

They took info from my experian credit report. My experian credit score is 721.

I have four credit cards:

Capital One - $750

Capital One - $750

Chase - $1000

Best Buy - $1,200

I recently got approved for Amazon.com Rewards Visa with a limit of $1,700.

In the letter it states:

- Your Credit Report shows your accounts have a low credit limit

- Your Credit Report shows too few credit references.

Do you think i can get a recon?

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
billsfan14
New Contributor

Re: Citi Bank Denial

Which Citi card was it for?  I didn't have much luck with their recon, just a lot of script reading.

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards Mastercard
Message 3 of 33
billsfan14
New Contributor

Just curious because the Citi PremierPass card I applied for had a minimum AAoA...

I would think your scores and cards would be substantial for Citi, but I guess not.  Chase approved me while Citi didn't, have you looked into them? 

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually Yea i did look at chase. My amazon card that I just got approved for is through them.
Message 5 of 33
billsfan14
New Contributor

Ah, missed that in your original post.

Citi is tough right now, I might try calling again tomorrow and I'll let you know if I find anything out. 

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool btw Should be a interesting season with Owens
Message 7 of 33
billsfan14
New Contributor

Haha I know, I'm still surprised by the move!  Once my Amex Gold gets here this week, I'm gonna break it in with an Ownes jersey haha, even thought I'm not a huge fan of him.

Go Bills! 

Message 8 of 33
Comp5569
Regular Contributor

good buy-

Bills in 09 -- Super Bowl?

GO BILLS

Message 9 of 33
billsfan14
New Contributor

ARGH! 

I'm so frustrated with Citi... I'll never app for a product of there's again!  Called in twice tonight for a recon.

First lady tells me the reason, insufficient data, and proceeds to tell me that one of the accounts on my report must not be satisfactory!  What!?  I explain to here that all my accounts are very satisfactory, my score is good, reports are clean, etc.  She's not paying much attention to what I have to say, and just tells me repeatedly that if I feel there was an error with my report to fax a new one.

Second lady was a bit more helpful, explains to me again that I need three accounts over 12 months old, and because I don't have that I will be denied for all Citi products!

I asked her what about a student card, surely they don't expect students to have three, 12 month old accounts?  How is that even possible for an early student?  She tells me that all Citi products require this.  

That doesn't sound very reasonable to me, especially when financial institutions in much better standing than Citi are having no problem issuing me new accounts.   

It's disgusting to think about the amount of money they're receiving right now and the fact they can't approve me for ANY of their products at this time.  I see people on the credit pulls and whogavemecredit with baddies, BK, and sub 700 scores getting approved for these cards!

Never again will I apply for any Citi products.  No wonder they're about to go under!

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.