Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank Denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Bank Denial

Citi did the same to me. I applied for the basic easy to get Citi Mastercard. I got some AAoA speech. None of the recons worked. My scores are upper 600's. In fact people on the "Who Gave Me Credit" site got the card with scores lower than mine. Go figure.

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear where your coming from. I have one account thats a year and 4 months old. The rest of my accounts are about 8 months old and all are in good standings. I was denied for the same reason.
Message 12 of 33
billsfan14
New Contributor

I suppose they're living proof that approving people with prior BK and derogatory information is safer than us youngins'

HA!

Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

True billsfan true. Why give to us who won't mess up because we would be happy to have a chance.   

Message 14 of 33
billsfan14
New Contributor

Really doesn't make any sense to me, and what's the point of a recon department if they're never issued?  Sounds like none of us are having any success with Citi.

I'm still trying to find a super backdoor number, somebody with some authority.  All three people that I've talked to don't seem to have any decision making powers. 

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm gonna reapply in like 4-5 months i should get it then. I'll have have 3 accounts over a year.
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a good one, why not call them the We Can Read A Script department. Makes you wonder if they actually canned all of the people in the company who don't know anything if there would be any of them left. LOL
Message 17 of 33
billsfan14
New Contributor

If they're still around in 4 months! Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
i'm gonna reapply in like 4-5 months i should get it then. I'll have have 3 accounts over a year.

Not really. By then they may come up with a different excuse. Maybe you'll have too many accounts over a year old?
Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha or my score will be to high:smileyvery-happy Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.