Established Contributor

Re: Citi Bank Denial

Citi did the same to me. I applied for the basic easy to get Citi Mastercard. I got some AAoA speech. None of the recons worked. My scores are upper 600's. In fact people on the "Who Gave Me Credit" site got the card with scores lower than mine. Go figure.

"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."
Valued Member

I hear where your coming from. I have one account thats a year and 4 months old. The rest of my accounts are about 8 months old and all are in good standings. I was denied for the same reason.

Starting Score: 641
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor

I suppose they're living proof that approving people with prior BK and derogatory information is safer than us youngins'

HA!

2/21 - TU 637 EQ 643
3/21 - TU 691 EQ 711

Established Contributor

True billsfan true. Why give to us who won't mess up because we would be happy to have a chance.   

New Contributor

Really doesn't make any sense to me, and what's the point of a recon department if they're never issued?  Sounds like none of us are having any success with Citi.

I'm still trying to find a super backdoor number, somebody with some authority.  All three people that I've talked to don't seem to have any decision making powers. 

2/21 - TU 637 EQ 643
3/21 - TU 691 EQ 711

Valued Member

i'm gonna reapply in like 4-5 months i should get it then. I'll have have 3 accounts over a year.

Established Contributor

Thats a good one, why not call them the We Can Read A Script department. Makes you wonder if they actually canned all of the people in the company who don't know anything if there would be any of them left. LOL

New Contributor

If they're still around in 4 months! :smileywink:

2/21 - TU 637 EQ 643
3/21 - TU 691 EQ 711

Established Contributor

snier wrote:
i'm gonna reapply in like 4-5 months i should get it then. I'll have have 3 accounts over a year.

Not really. By then they may come up with a different excuse. Maybe you'll have too many accounts over a year old?

Valued Member

haha or my score will be to high:smileyvery-happy :smileyhappy:

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.