Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Citi Bank

So in 2015 i will be applying for cards, well 2 maybe 3, but i was thinking about getting a Citi Bank for Visa, my questions are for CTY Prefferred card, are there any AF? I see on the website that it says none, but i want to make sure there is no fine print. I also notice that for Signature you pay $125 AF, is it possible for the no AF version to be signature or no? Was also wondering what does the little chip do, i noticed all their cards have it, or should i choose someone else for Visa?

Random Question - I spoke to a rep because my payment didnt post and it was past the date, but it was still paid on time long story short still 100% payments, but he said that on your CR you wont see a delinquency and can remain 100% payments on time even if you pay a few days late as long as its not after 30+ days, is this true? I was curious because i see Discover and Citi Simplicity have no late fees and such. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi Bank

@Skye12329 wrote:

So in 2015 i will be applying for cards, well 2 maybe 3, but i was thinking about getting a Citi Bank for Visa, my questions are for CTY Prefferred card, are there any AF? I see on the website that it says none, but i want to make sure there is no fine print. I also notice that for Signature you pay $125 AF, is it possible for the no AF version to be signature or no? Was also wondering what does the little chip do, i noticed all their cards have it, or should i choose someone else for Visa?

Random Question - I spoke to a rep because my payment didnt post and it was past the date, but it was still paid on time long story short still 100% payments, but he said that on your CR you wont see a delinquency and can remain 100% payments on time even if you pay a few days late as long as its not after 30+ days, is this true? I was curious because i see Discover and Citi Simplicity have no late fees and such. 

2015 is too far ahead to predict or determine what products any lender may have available.  Citi is notorious for changing their product line up frequently.

The Citi TY Preferred is currently issued as a standard Visa - no AF (I have the Signature version but it is very uncommon).  The Citi TY Premier comes standard as a Visa Signature (AF $125).

The EMV chip is prominent on most of their CCs.  EMV chip card transactions were introduced as a method to improve security against fraud compared to magnetic stripe card transactions that would normally rely on the cardholder's signature and visual inspection of the card.  EMV is widely used in other countries abroad.

Message 2 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Correct if no lates over 30 days reporting. But you can still be charged a late fee for paying late to CCC.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Random Question - I spoke to a rep because my payment didnt post and it was past the date, but it was still paid on time long story short still 100% payments, but he said that on your CR you wont see a delinquency and can remain 100% payments on time even if you pay a few days late as long as its not after 30+ days, is this true?

Yes it is true. The creditor however would have an internal record of being late.

Message 4 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

Random Question - I spoke to a rep because my payment didnt post and it was past the date, but it was still paid on time long story short still 100% payments, but he said that on your CR you wont see a delinquency and can remain 100% payments on time even if you pay a few days late as long as its not after 30+ days, is this true?

Yes it is true. The creditor however would have an internal record of being late.

+1

And this action typically can hinder your ability in obtaining some auto-CLIs or any other promotions on your CC since this is what drives your internal scores for most lenders.

Message 5 of 16
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Well you were all helpful =) but should I go with cute or someone else for visa
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 16
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Citi not cute
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 7 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Well if you wanna go with "cute" that would be alright ...LOL

Message 8 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Skye12329 wrote:
Citi not cute

What is the ultimate goal for obtaining this CC?  Have you considered other Citi comparable ones?  How about other lenders?  Is cashback the driver or miles, etc?

Message 9 of 16
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Well ultimately I pick my cards based on how they look X'S and rewards. At this point I wouldn't mind if it had rewards or not I have thought about the simplicity but I wouldn't mind points on dining either. Again though just need a new visa. I have mainly MC will probably go for discover in 2015
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.