Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi Bank

@Skye12329 wrote:

I see on the website that it says none, but i want to make sure there is no fine print.  

Their site is the source to refer to.  If the site says there is none then there is none.

Message 11 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

The Citi TY Preferred is currently issued as a standard Visa - no AF (I have the Signature version but it is very uncommon).  

I was surprised at this, but seems to be true!  The terms and conditions state that this is a NPSL card which I thought (in the MC/V space) meant Sig or World.   Looking more, it looks like the old plain TY Card has gone (there is still one for biz) so they have consolidated...

Message 12 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
Well ultimately I pick my cards based on how they look X'S and rewards. At this point I wouldn't mind if it had rewards or not I have thought about the simplicity but I wouldn't mind points on dining either. Again though just need a new visa. I have mainly MC will probably go for discover in 2015

Well, I can't address the look  (or the wisdom of having that as a selection criterion!), but the rewards are nothing special on this card, unless the entertainment category is particularly valuable to you, and you don't have a card that does better.  2x TYP isn't all that valuable as the rewards are hard to redeem for cash.

Message 13 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:
Well ultimately I pick my cards based on how they look X'S and rewards. At this point I wouldn't mind if it had rewards or not I have thought about the simplicity but I wouldn't mind points on dining either. Again though just need a new visa. I have mainly MC will probably go for discover in 2015

Well, I can't address the look  (or the wisdom of having that as a selection criterion!), but the rewards are nothing special on this card, unless the entertainment category is particularly valuable to you, and you don't have a card that does better.  2x TYP isn't all that valuable as the rewards are hard to redeem for cash.

+1

Practicality, service/acceptance and rewards structures are more of the appeal for me IME.  Realizing everyone has different reasons, you'd hate to select a product based on looks if it offers nothing substantial in return other than just a payment form (and maybe that's ok for some folks).  In the general sense, as longtimelurker pointed out, the TYP is an 'ok' card.

Message 14 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

The Citi TY Preferred is currently issued as a standard Visa - no AF (I have the Signature version but it is very uncommon).  

I was surprised at this, but seems to be true!  The terms and conditions state that this is a NPSL card which I thought (in the MC/V space) meant Sig or World.   Looking more, it looks like the old plain TY Card has gone (there is still one for biz) so they have consolidated...

Imagine my shock as well since when I applied in July I didn't really think it was offered as a Signature version, being that they had just switched it from being dual (V & MC), and the TY Premier had gone into seclusion.  Almost like the standard Citi Forward, you don't see many of those in Signature versions.

Message 15 of 16
chwebb1
Established Contributor

What is your reasoning for wanting a Citi card? I have the Dividend, and I'm happy with it. I'll definitely keep the card for the long term. Are you looking for rewards, purchase protections, customer service, or something else?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.