Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Being Reasonable

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Citi Being Reasonable

27 day grace period this month and it seems as if they are going to cut the same day of every month for me. Lowest APR soft CLI. APR is half of what Chase would like to collect. Currently my fav big bank.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Citi Being Reasonable

@smallfry wrote:
27 day grace period this month and it seems as if they are going to cut the same day of every month for me. Lowest APR soft CLI. APR is half of what Chase would like to collect. Currently my fav big bank.

I like CITI.   Waiting on my teaser rate to end so I can start getting CLI's. 

Message 2 of 18
Zar
Regular Contributor

Citi is for me the best bank also, the lowest APR (fixed) and the highest CLs. Soft CLI every 3 months.

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

citi has been v. generous on my platinum select mc acct opened 2 years ago.

they even snatchedback an RJ earlier this year and instead lowered my rate and gave a CLI shortly after.

wish all big banks responded like this to customers concerns regarding objectionable CIT.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 18
greekjim
Contributor

I agree Citi has been great. I got my first Citi card last january. Got a CL with $1,200. After a few months requested a CLI got it up to $2,400. And I just did it now again and got it up to $3,800. So a total of $2,600 in Cli while having the card for less then a year
EQ- 727 5/12/10
TU- 746 5/12/10
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow that's really nice. I think Citi is one of the best bank in the business industry..

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I am one of the few that dislike Citi. I had a $10k balance on a $12k card, and paid it in full. Citi dropped my rate to 3.9%. So, I ended up (stupidly I might add) charging it back up to $10k And what happened? Yup - they changed my interest rate to 18.9%. Never a late, never over my limit. Waited until I had a bigh balance and then upped my interest...

I just paid it off again and am done using it. I will keep it around but haven't made a charge on it now for close to a year. If they want to close it they can have at it... They aren't getting anymore of my money.

Message 7 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

a cc is not a long term loan, so the rate may not remain low over the long haul.  all major ccc like to maximize profits and reassess risk/ reprice accts periodically.  for a more stable long term loan agt. there are other options.
if you PIF it becomes a non issue.  imo most major issuer cards are not suitable for carrying balances in this climate.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 18
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I am one of the few that dislike Citi. I had a $10k balance on a $12k card, and paid it in full. Citi dropped my rate to 3.9%. So, I ended up (stupidly I might add) charging it back up to $10k And what happened? Yup - they changed my interest rate to 18.9%. Never a late, never over my limit. Waited until I had a bigh balance and then upped my interest...

I just paid it off again and am done using it. I will keep it around but haven't made a charge on it now for close to a year. If they want to close it they can have at it... They aren't getting anymore of my money.

How long did you carry an 80% of CL balance before they raised your rate? And what was your total UTIL? High UTIL in this climate is inviting a rate increase.

Meanwhile, Citi is one of the most responsive issuers there is when it comes to APRD requests. That's how I got my rate down to 6.99%. Ask and ye just might receive!

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had no complaints about Citi. It was my first credit card, and they're my largest credit limit (almost 10k) of anyone else, which is amazing for a poor college kid with peanuts as income.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.