cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

tag
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citi Best Buy Card Application link and Terms!!!!

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest I still don't know which version i got... but anyway the only reason i applied for this card was because i want to buy a Macbook... i wasn't expecting to get a CL of $4,000 because of my low income, low AAofA and a lot of hard inquiries so i thought i was going to get $2000 or less but well CITI has been great with me... Also, since i already have enough "standard" cards (Visa, MC, Amex and Discover) i really don't mind if they only give me the store version...
Message 71 of 124
stevenngu92
Contributor

@mnavas wrote:
@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest I still don't know which version i got... but anyway the only reason i applied for this card was because i want to buy a Macbook... i wasn't expecting to get a CL of $4,000 because of my low income, low AAofA and a lot of hard inquiries so i thought i was going to get $2000 or less but well CITI has been great with me... Also, since i already have enough "standard" cards (Visa, MC, Amex and Discover) i really don't mind if they only give me the store version...

I think during the application i was asked to create an account towards the end. If you created an account and logon to it, it should say which card you have.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 72 of 124
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@Stevenngu92 i applied online and didn't get a instant desicion the screen provided me a phone number to call BBY card services to provide additional info so i called and the representative only asked me for my name and DofB, put me on hold and came back to inform me i was approved for $4,000 but i forgot to ask which version i got and since my application was approved on the phone...i'm unable to set up my account online right now...
Message 73 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

I am not going to use my RZMC this month. I am afraid they might mess up my payment during the transition.  I don't know they will change my card number. I hope I will get CLI when they become Citicards.

Ron.

Message 74 of 124
stevenngu92
Contributor

@mnavas wrote:
@stevenngu92 i applied online and didn't get a instant desicion the screen provided me a phone number to call BBY card services to provide additional info so i called and the representative only asked me for my name and DofB, put me on hold and came back to inform me i was approved for $4,000 but i forgot to ask which version i got and since my application was approved on the phone...i'm unable to set up my account online right now...

Ah sorry about that, i assumed you got an instant approval and went through the same process i did. Make sure you update with what card you got as i am curious. Congrats by the way that's a great starting CL imo.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 75 of 124
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just called Citi about the changes next month.  They are not going to  change the account number and they will not send any new card for a short period of time.  I might request repalcement card to get the new card design. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 76 of 124
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Update: I called BBY Card services this morning and asked about the card version i got and the representative said i got the Store one (preferred version 25.24 APR) and not the MC. I also asked the representative why i didn't get the MC version and this person informed me that it was because i applied for the store card and i needed to apply for the MC so now i'm kind of confused i thought there was only one application for these cards and based on your credit you could get either the store or MC...well i wasn't planning to make this card my everyday one anyway so im happy with store card. It's going to allow me buy a macbook Smiley Happy
Message 77 of 124
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

Anyone knows the CLI policy for Citi? will it be hp or sp? i've tried with cap1 eo twice but they need to hp for cli(pull 3 bureau) and i refused it. Cap1 only do sp for thier legacy accounts. They waived my fees for one time. I might cancel my $500CL BBRMC gold if thing doesnt looks good with Citi.

Message 78 of 124
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@vAirGo7 CITI is very known to go either way (SP or HP) but there's a high chance you get a HP on one of your reports. My mom has a home depot store card which is backed by citi, she requested a CLI and got a HP on TU Also she has the Best buy store backed by Cap one she has requested 2 CLI and both have been SP..
Message 79 of 124
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

@mnavas wrote:
@vAirGo7 CITI is very known to go either way (SP or HP) but there's a high chance you get a HP on one of your reports. My mom has a home depot store card which is backed by citi, she requested a CLI and got a HP on TU Also she has the Best buy store backed by Cap one she has requested 2 CLI and both have been SP..

good to know Citi goes either way. Thanks!

Message 80 of 124
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.